Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) DB Beast (Read 22737 times)
Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

DB Beast
Feb 19th, 2018 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
I also had bad experience with this Kingsland Property. CK, Jeff Man, and Teddy Cheung are very tricky agents. They are three-in-one and share commissions. About 5 years ago, i rented a problem premises in Greens at market price through CK and Teddy Cheung. i lived there 4 years did not know that my flat has problem until my landlord wanted to sell the flat. I went to other agency to look for new flat and agents there told me that the flat i was living is not clean. Someone had died in the flat but Kingsland never disclose the fact to me. But they rented it to me at market price. I was so upset about this. I went to argue with CK and  Teddy Cheung. I asked them why not the problem premises shown in the Land Registration record. You know what they said? They said:" Land Registration only shows some cases that are published in Newspapers. Some cases did not disclose due to not many  people know about it. Therefore, it is not our obligation to tell"

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Re: DB Beast
Reply #1 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 4:49am
Print Post  
The flat wasn't clean? You mean you lived in the flat for four years and didn't notice a dead body?

Fact is, government records don't necessarily show if someone's died in a flat, estate agents don't necessarily know and when they do, they're only under an ethical, but not a legal obligation to tell you.

If you were happy to pay the market rate for four years, what's the problem?

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #2 - Feb 20th, 2018 at 10:52am
Print Post  
I did not know the fact so I paid the market rent price. I meant they are unethical agency. They knew the flat has problem and it is not worth market rent price. It should be discounted. But other agency like Centaline reveals all problem premises to their clients and even keeps a problem premises record to secure their clients. Kingsland is unethical.Agents should conduct business ethically.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
But the flat doesn't have a problem. Assuming there's no human remains, it's just an empty flat. It's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it.

The price on property like this is often lower because superstitious people are unwilling to live there. If you're not superstitious, then it's not a problem property. If you are superstitious and had no problem then congratulations, you can put your superstitions behind you.

If there's no record of someone dying in the property, then it's hard to blame the agency for not telling you about the death, since they may not have known about it. If you were a landlord and someone died in your property, would you tell the property agency that's handling your flat? Probably not, since you'd get a lower rent.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
In my experience, agents have always checked and assured me that a flat is clean.  I estimate that 99 per cent of local buyers or renters, including myself - and I am not a local - would not touch a property in which someone had died violently in a suicide or a murder.  These are discounted by as much as 50 per cent.  More of a cultural reality than a superstitious fallacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/world/asia/hong-kong-haunted-apartments-app.h...

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 5:19am
Print Post  
Superstitious fallacies are cultural realities. But many HK people live in flats where someone has died, because of market realities. The difference in rent may be as little as 10% (depending on how they died - no doubt you could get Henry Chau's flat for 50%), and in this market, people can't afford to be fussy.

In the case in point, we don't know how the person died, but this is DB, so it's probably natural causes.

But it doesn't really matter, because all we have in this story are assertions. There's no evidence the agents knew about the death, nor that Susan had asked them, nor that anyone had checked with the lands registry.

The flat was clean, she was happy to stay there for four years and only got buyers remorse later, when she realised she'd missed out on a discount.

IP Logged

torgo nuhdo

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #6 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
If you study the way how Sellerselizb and Susan Jump post their posts to different forums and how vehemently they replied the public voices,

One would realize that they actually sound very much the same.  The wordings, the trolling techniques, the intensity. 

This person has some problems.

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #7 - Feb 22nd, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Susan Jump wrote on Feb 19th, 2018 at 12:36pm:
I also had bad experience with this Kingsland Property. CK, Jeff Man, and Teddy Cheung are very tricky agents. They are three-in-one and share commissions. About 5 years ago, i rented a problem premises in Greens at market price through CK and Teddy Cheung. i lived there 4 years did not know that my flat has problem until my landlord wanted to sell the flat. I went to other agency to look for new flat and agents there told me that the flat i was living is not clean. Someone had died in the flat but Kingsland never disclose the fact to me. But they rented it to me at market price. I was so upset about this. I went to argue with CK and  Teddy Cheung. I asked them why not the problem premises shown in the Land Registration record. You know what they said? They said:" Land Registration only shows some cases that are published in Newspapers. Some cases did not disclose due to not many  people know about it. Therefore, it is not our obligation to tell"

What alerted you to the fact that the apartment was 'not clean'? Was it the ghosts or the decomposing corpse? Or, and this is(n't) a long shot, perhaps you are just aggrieved that you didn't find a spurious excuse to save $1000 a month before it was too late.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #8 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
@Torgo, you are either CK or Teddy Cheung from Kingsland. You created many new accounts under many different name. Torgo, Poka, Sweetysue, and many others are actually the same person from  Kingsland. If you are not the agents from  Kingsland. Why would you care so much to study the "wordings, trolling techniques, and intensity"? Do you think it is nice to say"this person has some problems"?You are apparently attacking whoever makes complaints against your company.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #9 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:28am
Print Post  
@ Heywood
"What alerted you to the fact that the apartment was 'not clean'?"

Some agencies have a list of problem premises record shows that someone had died in the appartment.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #10 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
All agents and property managements in DB know about the problem premises, whether the person died by natural cause, murder, or accident. They share the info but as I know, Kingsland does not tell the renters or buyers if it is not shown in land registry.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #11 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 2:37am
Print Post  
@Otis Tramp 
"But it doesn't really matter, because all we have in this story are assertions. There's no evidence the agents knew about the death, nor that Susan had asked them, nor that anyone had checked with the lands registry."

Whenever there is an incident happened in the appartments, the management office must know about it as the corpses should be taken away by police for death cause examination. All agents in DB share this info and keep records. As I know, Kingsland is the only agency intentionally hide the fact.

I was not happy with the landlord but he allowed me to stay in the appartment 2 months for free. But Kingsland did not give me a penny commission refund.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #12 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 4:24am
Print Post  
I'd be very surprised if Hong Kong Resorts tells anyone about deaths on its property. It's not in their interests to do so, and they have a long-established reputation for secrecy.

Again, there's no reason for the estate agent to compensate you for rent that you'd happily agreed to and paid for four years.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #13 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 6:08am
Print Post  
But other agencies are honest to tell their buyers or renters the fact. I never have problems with other agencies. Kingsland should conduct  business ethnically.

IP Logged

Sesame_Max

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #14 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:02am
Print Post  
If an agent can't protect our interests to check the property's background, why do we need an agent and pay commission?

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #15 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I think whatever intended damage to the property agent's reputation is already overstated. I am more curious about the experience of Susan as a tenant in an "unclean or problem" unit. Were there noises in the middle of the night? The smell of scented candles during a full moon? The sound of Italian opera music coming from nowhere? The stuff of that sorts.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #16 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Would you mind to give me your email and I can send you the unit to check around with other agencies? It is better for you to check out yourself.

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #17 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Susan Jump wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 9:08am:
Would you mind to give me your email and I can send you the unit to check around with other agencies? It is better for you to check out yourself.

Not interested in checking with other agencies. I know where the unit is and just curious about your experience living in it. Other than the 2 months free rental that you got from the owner, you have not posted much info about how it is like living in a what you have classified as a problem unit.

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #18 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:26am
Print Post  
by searching member name, you will find steffenwolf, Poka, Sweetysue, torgo nuldo, frader_02 are simply joined to protect Kingsland. They are Kingsland agents.

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #19 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Susan Jump wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 11:26am:
by searching member name, you will find steffenwolf, Poka, Sweetysue, torgo nuldo, frader_02 are simply joined to protect Kingsland. They are Kingsland agents.

You have already pointed that out. Again I will ask, what is it like living in a problem unit?

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #20 - Feb 24th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
I will anwer your question soon.

IP Logged

Wing

Welcome to Discovery Bay
Flea Market!

problem houses in Lantau
Reply #21 - Feb 25th, 2018 at 1:46am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Susan Jump

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #22 - Feb 28th, 2018 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
@ Jojos

i heard strange noises coming from the bathroom one night. It sounded like a machine creaking but a bit human like, similar to yelling. This had happened twice. I didn’t like the apartment I stayed in.

IP Logged

Goldielocks

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 6:24am
Print Post  
I am just very curios about this..
Just to get things straight:
@Susan Jump: You lived in an apartment for FOUR (4!) years five years ago and now you are starting to complain about it? This is such a long time ago.
My thoughts are that if you stayed in an apartment for four years it could not have been that bad. There are plenty of other ones on the market.
Also, five years later you are spamming the forum with several posts about this. This forum was up and running, and a lot more active, five years ago. Why did you not say anything then?
I think that you are just very angry about missing out on a discount for the rent (and five years later it is a little late to complain about that)
The noise you heard was probably coming from your neighbor since in the Greens you can almost hear what the people upstairs are talking about. Most things have a natural explanation.
I hope you are happy in the place you are now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint