Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Sushi North PLaza (Read 11162 times)
SoSun

Forum for DB residents

Sushi North PLaza
Mar 11th, 2017 at 11:35am
Print Post  
I tried the sushi in the North Plaza tonight! I had a roll with Salmon and tuna and thought it was excellent! Great value at 60 HKD. They said they deliver for $100 HK orders. And best of all they're independent! Not affiliated with Castello Concepts! That makes me like them more!

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Re: Sushi North PLaza
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Tried but its kind of fusion with lots of cheese. Any reasons why Castello Concepts is not in your list of favourite?

IP Logged

D Resident

Forum for DB residents

Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Excellent stuff. Anything to do with Castello Group is a complete write off as far as we are concerned. They use MSG fully, in spite of us particularly asking them not to include it, and the cooking skills combined with the service skills are the worst in DB. They have not been visited by us in at least 5 years and in our opinion is the second worst restaurant group in DB.

Nice to see a new independent restaurateur opening here. We love Japanese food and I will share our comments next week.

It would be nice to find somewhere we can eat in DB other than having to cook at home. Otherwise we normally leave this place to find some decent food!

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
OK, I'll take the bait - there's a Japanese restaurant in the North Plaza? Where? Do you have a link?

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #4 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 2:16am
Print Post  
Nura Rolls (Shop G13A)
https://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/r-nura-rolls-discovery-bay-international-or...

It should be at the end of Wellcome where Travelex used to be, opposite Jaspas/Mirch Masala.

Sushi price range $40 - $160 (each piece $5-7, min. 8 pcs)

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Thanks for the link. They do seem to have gone a bit overboard with the cream cheese, but there's a pretty good selection on those menus. A welcome addition.

IP Logged

HK1980
God Member

Reply #6 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 2:42am
Print Post  
Is it better or the same as the sushi already available in welcome though?

Given the size, a burger or kebab shop might have offered better variance for fast food. IMHO.

IP Logged

wessa

Forum for DB residents

Reply #7 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Tried it. Was I impressed? OK lahh. Rather average
Not much different to Fusion or Wellcome sushi.
Will I go there again? Mehhh, not likely.
Maybe I picked the wrong sushi.
Having said that, I'm not a great fan of Japanese food so maybe I'm not a good reference .

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #8 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:41am
Print Post  
I finally got round to trying Sushi North. It's not bad. But they definitely go overboard on the cheese. And the packaging.

Best approach is to get a couple of dishes from here, and then pop into Wellcome to get the missing sashimi.

IP Logged

Rear Commodore
God Member

Back in retirement

Reply #9 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Tried it today, won't go back. Portions were tiny, but worst of all the salmon and prawns were room temperature - food poisoning waiting to happen.

One of the attractions of going to a place like that is watching the chefs prepare the food to order.  The design of the counters though prevents seeing what they are doing, so couldn't really tell what they were putting in the rolls.

Stick to Wellcome I'm afraid

IP Logged

Mui Mui

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #10 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
I disagree. This place is great addition on DB. Haven't seen these kinds of rolls in HK. I visit them almost daily.
I followed chef's hands on my first trip there. They take all fish from the fridge, completely safe. These guys are totally professional.
Ingredients are room temperature because rice is freshly made, and kept warm unlike sushi from the fridge, that stays for days at fusion or wellcome.

IP Logged

Nura

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #11 - Apr 29th, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Hi,

My name is Alex and I am a manager of Nura Rolls Company and unfortunately was absent when you visited our shop and tried to communicate with our chef, who's English is very limited to answer  your questions.

Your concern was regarding temperature of fish being warm.

FYI, according to all standards fresh fish is allowed to be kept refrigerated for up to 5 days, before it is considered spoiled.

During these 5 days fish is considered fresh, but taste would change with every day kept.

All our fish is refrigerated all day and being fresh, we only keep it for up to 8 hours to make sure taste remain the best possible.

The only reason you felt it warm is because we do not pre-make rolls and do not keep them refrigerated all day, they are made in front of the customer, using newly made hot/warm rice every time, for best taste possible. Because rice is the main ingredient of the rolls and we use only American rice for best taste.

Please be assured that at no time were you at any health risk, we only opened at 11 am and your food was made at 11:40.

Fish was delivered chilled at 10:15 and placed in the refrigerated case immediately.
Rice was very hot and that made it fish warm .

Please accept apologies for inconvenience caused and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you again.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #12 - May 2nd, 2017 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Who else is surprised (I'd say amazed) that Nura keeps tabs on what time food is prepared and delivered to you as you dine at their fine establishment? Shocked Technology is impressive and shocking at the same time.

Well done for being able to follow up even on this forum of trolls! Someone who cares about their business deserves all the success.

I just noticed Nura has a website (didn't notice it before)
http://www.nurarolls.com

Recently I became aware that Jack Ma (Alibaba) very rich succesful businessman has been giving lectures and informing young Chinese entrepreneurs on the ins and outs to success. Many businesses are failing because they don't keep up with technology and its applications.

One thing that made me laugh is he said any business today that does not have a website is like a house 100 years ago with no electricity.

If you follow the trends in more advanced economies, I would add that it is extremely vital especially in DB, to also have a delivery service.

Paisanos is one example that I assume is doing very well. I often see their delivery van zipping around DB. But as any successful business, you should consult with your loyal customers to find out what services and improvements you can consider that works best for you.

I expect most people who have the money will be too lazy to go down to the plaza. A small shop would do well with delivery service. It should be easy and simple to order and delivered in timely fashion.

Sorry for ranting but I think it's such a shame DB has a high rate of businesses that close down. We should be so lucky to have services inside DB but sometimes even that is not good enough.
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2017 at 1:27pm by garmato »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint