Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dogs and the Bus to Sunny Bay (Read 6332 times)
Andy

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Dogs and the Bus to Sunny Bay
Mar 28th, 2016 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I am looking to get support for petitioning that transport be provided to take dogs (or other animals) to Sunny Bay. If you have a car and want to take the whole family out, that includes the family pet. I am not saying that dogs be allowed on every bus, but one bus out of four would not cause hardship to anyone. Especially with the double decker buses, maybe dogs are allowed downstairs only on one bus every hour.

Discovery Bay is known for being somewhere where dogs are accepted in the community. We allow the dogs on the ferry, so why not on the bus?

I understand that I need support of the community to try and get this through. I hope that readers of this will respond and support this petition.

Thanks
Andy Bateman
Midvale Village

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Re: Dogs and the Bus to Sunny Bay
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2016 at 3:20am
Print Post  
Andy, I have some sympathy, however the buses especially to Sunny Bay and Tung Chung are usually packed, with prams open with or without children in them, if there were dogs on buses whether muzzled or not and there was an altercation this could cause distraction to the driver, having said all of this I have seen people with small dogs on buses, either inside bags or coats, not easy though if the breed is large.

IP Logged

chair

Re: Dogs and the Bus to Sunny Bay
Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2016 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Internal buses take small dogs in bags and I thought it was also the same for external?
I have seen midget dogs coming in to Db by bus Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint