Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Guitar__Bass_Music Theory & Audio Production tutor (Read 2262 times)
Tonic Music

Forum for DB residents

Guitar__Bass_Music Theory & Audio Production tutor
Apr 21st, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
ABOUT ME:
I am a professional guitar player with a 10+ years of 1-1 tutoring, class room music teaching (yrs 7-9 at and ESF school) and have performed in hundreds of major stadiums and arenas around the globe as a freelance session guitarist (most notably with HK cantopop legend, Jacky Cheung on his Guinness World Record breaking 146 date '1/2 Century' world tour from 2010-2012).

Born and raised in HK and educated in the ESF school system, I completed my Bachelor Degree in Music (contemporary) from The Australian Institute of Music in Sydney and teach guitar, bass, music theory (w/ reading/ear training) and music production. I can instruct and also regularly perform most contemporary styles/genres and have extensive knowledge of modern electric guitar techniques and reading skills.

THE LESSONS / FEES:
The lessons are held at my home based production spot in Discovery Bay from approx 14:00 - 20:00, Tue-Sat weekly. They run for 45mins @ $500 and are billed at the end of the month.
I teach children and adults ages 10+. Preferably not absolute beginners although I am happy to make exceptions for committed and hard working students

CONTENT:
I teach from some well written teaching books that I have personally hand picked which will need to be purchased either at Tom Lee music or through me. Lessons are divided between set pieces/exercises and actual songs (any era) suggested by me according to their genre preference and skill level. I will also give the students the option to pick any material they think they can tackle. The selected piece can also be scaled down by me to their current skill level to keep them playing and encouraged.

REFERENCES/ETC:
Parents and/or helpers are invited to join the lessons and I can provide references from various schools and teaching institutions around HK if requested. I'm also happy to meet up for a coffee either at my studio or in the plaza before proceeding with lessons.

Chris Collins BMus
Email: tonic_music@me.com
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2014 at 3:09pm by Tonic Music »  

IP Logged

Tonic Music

Forum for DB residents

Re: Guitar__Bass_Music Theory & Audio Production tutor
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2014 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
bump

IP Logged

volcano