Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) San Hing deposit refund (Read 34789 times)
CG
God Member

Re: San Hing deposit refund
Reply #50 - Jan 10th, 2021 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Thank you. Is there a comprehensive list of affected residents from her or City Management?

Is there any link to see Amy ‘s update?

hongkongpauli wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 7:29am:
I sent an email to Amy Yung, and asked for her support regarding San Hing LPG`s inability to refund the deposits of I suspect the majority of DB residents, She advised, that She Will the list to the police. Their Serious Crime Bureau is conducting an investigation.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #51 - Jan 11th, 2021 at 3:17am
Print Post  
Amy replied to my email, as stated below.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #52 - Jan 20th, 2021 at 12:05am
Print Post  
Sandy wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 10:34am:
And Consumer Council replied me today that after multiple e-mails, they did not receive any reply, so the case is closed and advised me to contact lawyer... Sad

Same answer on my side yesterday.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #53 - Jan 31st, 2021 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Is it true the sole director handling refunds has absconded?

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #54 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 6:53am
Print Post  
I contacted Wilson Chan, his response is below:

As you are aware, the person in charge of San Hing could not be reached since mid of October. What we can do is to leave messages to the mobile phone/whatsapp 9268 3667 of her director Ms. Bonnie Ho and issue letters to San Hing. On the other hand, since ExxonMobil, the ex-gas supplier in Discovery Bay, appointed San Hing as her servicing agent while the former is responsible for any act or omission by the latter, City Management also wrote a couple of letters to ExxonMobil urging them to intervene and resolve the dispute amicably. However, up to the present moment, nil response has ever been received from ExxonMobil or San Hing.

Relevant information was also given to the Unfair Trade Practice Investigation Group of Customs & Excise Dept and CID of the Police Force upon their inquiry of suspected default payment of deposit refund to the owners in mid of November. We understand that the Consumer Council, in the event that the dispute cannot be settled after conciliation or the company is not cooperative,  indeed advised that residents concerned may consider filing the claim at Small Claims Tribunal.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Wilson Chan

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #55 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Thank you for the update hongkongpauli
Ok then, next step Small Claims Tribunal

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #56 - Feb 3rd, 2021 at 5:36am
Print Post  
I actually contacted ExxonMobil via email and advised if I did not hear within a week, I would go to the press.

IP Logged

DBresider

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #57 - Feb 4th, 2021 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I am another resident who is still owed deposit by San Hing.

Initially, I withheld the deposit and usage payment to DSG, suspecting something fishy about the entire process and demanded my San Hing deposit to be deducted from the above but they said no so I became even more suspicious. Eventually, after being warned that the gas will be disconnected, I settled everything.

True to my suspicion, it looks like a case of fraudulent. Back in September, the ex-employees who now work for DSG told me that San Hing couldn't cope processing the refund all at once and asked me to leave my email address. They all lied to cover up the real reason.  Angry

By the time I contacted CM, they have proceeded with the legal action. I came to this forum not for San Hing but I'm glad I did. I would like to join forces.

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #58 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 8:57am
Print Post  
In the meantime - can anyone confirm a rumor that the ex-manager of San hing’s db office is being driving around in a Maserati in wan chai?

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #59 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Xxxx wrote on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 3:45am:

Problem is if San hing is insolvent - doesn’t matter if you win in the small claims tribunal

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #60 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 9:16am
Print Post  
hongkongpauli wrote on Feb 3rd, 2021 at 5:36am:
I actually contacted ExxonMobil via email and advised if I did not hear within a week, I would go to the press.

Good luck when arounddb does not seem to be interested in the story

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #61 - Feb 5th, 2021 at 9:18am
Print Post  
hongkongpauli wrote on Feb 2nd, 2021 at 6:53am:
I contacted Wilson Chan, his response is below:

As you are aware, the person in charge of San Hing could not be reached since mid of October. What we can do is to leave messages to the mobile phone/whatsapp 9268 3667 of her director Ms. Bonnie Ho and issue letters to San Hing. On the other hand, since ExxonMobil, the ex-gas supplier in Discovery Bay, appointed San Hing as her servicing agent while the former is responsible for any act or omission by the latter, City Management also wrote a couple of letters to ExxonMobil urging them to intervene and resolve the dispute amicably. However, up to the present moment, nil response has ever been received from ExxonMobil or San Hing.

Relevant information was also given to the Unfair Trade Practice Investigation Group of Customs & Excise Dept and CID of the Police Force upon their inquiry of suspected default payment of deposit refund to the owners in mid of November. We understand that the Consumer Council, in the event that the dispute cannot be settled after conciliation or the company is not cooperative,  indeed advised that residents concerned may consider filing the claim at Small Claims Tribunal.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,
Wilson Chan

Questions: what were db management’s roles?

Why did db management decide to request switch of service provider?
Why did db management not insist on a process where the deposits were transferred from old provider to new provider?

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #62 - Feb 6th, 2021 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Poka wrote on Feb 5th, 2021 at 9:01am:

Problem is if San hing is insolvent - doesn’t matter if you win in the small claims tribunal

Exxonmobil is liable for their agents. Now it’s up to Authorities investigating this fraud/crime.

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #63 - Feb 7th, 2021 at 11:39am
Print Post  
CG wrote on Feb 6th, 2021 at 7:55am:

Exxonmobil is liable for their agents. Now it’s up to Authorities investigating this fraud/crime.

Does not matter unless you are making a claim against exxonmobile in the small claim. Even should you win the small claim - if exxonmobile continues to ignore you will not get anything unless you sue them.

What authorities investigating this fraud/crime are you referring to? How do you know that anyone are investigating it?

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #64 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Poka wrote on Feb 7th, 2021 at 11:39am:

Does not matter unless you are making a claim against exxonmobile in the small claim. Even should you win the small claim - if exxonmobile continues to ignore you will not get anything unless you sue them.

What authorities investigating this fraud/crime are you referring to? How do you know that anyone are investigating it?

See Hongkongpauli’s post reply from Wilson Chan

IP Logged

stald

Forum for DB residents

Reply #65 - Feb 28th, 2021 at 2:00am
Print Post  
I too have been waiting for a refund of my deposit forever.
Agree there should be coordinated action taken on behalf of all affected residents.

IP Logged

DBresider

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #66 - Mar 1st, 2021 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Shall we notify other DB residents about this on FB page as the reach is wider than this forum?

Discovery Bay Moving Buy and Sell Hong Kong with 14.5K members could be a good place to put the notice.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #67 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 7:40am
Print Post  
I am in favour of DB residents undertaking something as a collective rather than as individuals. I wrote a letter an placed it in the Management post box, of course they have not replied.

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #68 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
CG wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 3:08am:
Poka wrote on Feb 7th, 2021 at 11:39am:

See Hongkongpauli’s post reply from Wilson Chan

So you are relying on Hong Kong resort to follow up on behalf of the residents. Good luck. That would be a first,
. Unless someone can quote a police filing # I doubt this is being investigated.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #69 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 2:53am
Print Post  
I have tried several measures including writing to Amy Yung in hopes she could play a leading role. No reply but it doesn’t mean she is not interested.

Any pressure on HKR and CM helps. Keep asking them for updates - better if they could make more effort to keep DB informed via bulletins.

If this can happen with Exxonmobil and CM says they are not responsible despite our not having a say in using gas supply nor choice of suppliers, then Shellgas might face similar risks?

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #70 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 2:55am
Print Post  
hongkongpauli wrote on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 7:40am:
I am in favour of DB residents undertaking something as a collective rather than as individuals. I wrote a letter an placed it in the Management post box, of course they have not replied.

Agree.

Is that something the Village committees Chairs  should involve themselves in?

We are told to go via Small Claims Tribunal. It’s individual and I haven’t gone this route yet.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #71 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 2:57am
Print Post  
DBresider wrote on Mar 1st, 2021 at 9:38am:
Shall we notify other DB residents about this on FB page as the reach is wider than this forum?

Discovery Bay Moving Buy and Sell Hong Kong with 14.5K members could be a good place to put the notice.

I am not on FB but why not? I hear private groups already sharing.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #72 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Has anything happened on Facebook ? I am on the brink of giving up...

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #73 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 11:46am
Print Post  

Thank you for your email regarding the subject.

We noted that DB residents received the deposit refund from San Hing from Feb 2021. Therefore, we assume the refund deposit from San Hing is active.
However, City Management have no data regarding the status of refund. We fully understand that the longer processing times does not give you a feeling of comfort, we deeply regret the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Regards
Emily Chiu

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #74 - Apr 14th, 2021 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Dear DB residents,

You can take legal action by bringing the case to the Small Claims Tribunal. No lawyers are required so the cost involved is negligible. Please use the following hyperlink and fill in Forms 1 and 2:

https://www.judiciary.hk/en//court_services_facilities/scf.html

I also attach the company’s latest registered address for your information.

If you need further assistance please let me know. Feel free to forward my email to your neighbours and friends

Thanks & regards,

Amy Yung

Islands District Council Member (Discovery Bay)

Correspondence Address:      No.4G Seahorse Lane, Discovery Bay, Lantau, Hong Kong

Telephone No:                        2987 7979

Mobile No:                             6987 7979

Email Address: amy.yung.ay@gmail.com

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #75 - Apr 18th, 2021 at 2:35pm
Print Post  
You know anyone who got their deposit back by filing a case with Small Claims Tribunal?

IP Logged

DBresider

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #76 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Anybody has any luck in getting the refund through Small Claims Tribunal?

IP Logged

DBresider

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #77 - Aug 5th, 2021 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Still not getting my deposit from San Hing.

The links to the Judiciary to download the Form1 and Form2 are not working now.

Apparently, some success in pursuing the Small Claims Tribunal but the most recent claimants are required to search the Companies Registry for San Hing's address because the Summon was returned to the Court. Presumably, for Court submission, we have to get the certified copy of it which costs $152.

I did an online viewing which costs $22 and I found that the address is still the same as shown on Amy Yung's FB page.

CM recently issued a notice to Positano residents to help them with the refund. Can be found on this link:

https://www.dbcommunity.hk/icms2/ICMServlet/download/28-13630-22474/Notice%20of%...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint