Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic parking outside the apartment door. (Read 4805 times)
salvin

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

parking outside the apartment door.
Sep 25th, 2019 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I understand that putting bicycles,prams, scooters etc outside the apartment door is hazardous. But the rule should apply to the whole building right??

I got a notice from management to remove a small bike from outside my door. On first thought i was going to remove it but then I thought why was my apartment singled out??

The management ladies came to my house 3 times at night and started saying to remove.I explained i can remove it no worries but then apply the rule to whole building. As usual they didn't understand English and i don't understand Cantonese. Bcoz i argued i think either my neighbor(young lad) or management ladies called the police. The police came and asked me to remove the bike, I said no problem I am happy to remove as i understand it can be a fire hazard but then how about 11 floor 10 floor 14floor 6th floor etc all are allowed to park, how come only my bike is hazardous?? Angry Angry

They didn't have any answer and they said the management need to sort out this problem.

So unsure about how to sort this problem, if my neighbor continues to have this issue from our kids bike.

What are your opinions....

IP Logged

6ix

Forum for DB residents

Re: parking outside the apartment door.
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Salvin, I suggest you may file an official complaint to the Village Management Office and cc to the Central Mgt. Office about the problem of obstacles in public areas, and request them to implement the removal for one and for all. Every household in the area shall abide by the rule without exclusion.
Better then wasting efforts in arguing with the security ppl and individual management staff.

IP Logged

salvin

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Thanks 6ix for the response. I think you are right ...maybe that's what i should do. But its just going to be vicious cycle of emails !!

These management people only work per complaint and never manage the underlying problem.

Thnx

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2019 at 8:50am
Print Post  
If it is your neighbor who filed the complaint with the mgt office then it never stops to amaze me why ppl here in HK choose to file complaints / call police rather than talk with their neighbors

IP Logged

salvin

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2019 at 2:33am
Print Post  
EXACTLY !! I would be completely fine if someone comes over and says i have this problem being caused by your stuff could you pls correct it. Would be happy to fix the error. But going the wrong way really amazes me !!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint