Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic DB Plaza new bus terminus opening next Saturday (Read 8686 times)
garmato
God Member

DB Plaza new bus terminus opening next Saturday
Apr 4th, 2019 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
http://www.dbcommunity.hk/icms2/template?series=25&AID=13369

HKR announced today that the new bus terminus will open next Saturday, April 13.

All internal buses, hire cars, club/hotel buses will move to the new terminus which can be accessed via the escalators near McDonald's (old location of 7-Eleven going up to old Toysland).

New bus station locations:

http://www.dbcommunity.hk/icms2/Image/db_news/2019/Progress%20Update%20%2315%20E...

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: DB Plaza new bus terminus opening next Saturday
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2019 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
I'll miss it by five days.  Enjoy, DB-ers!

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Have a safe trip, Ger.

I'll add some photos here of the new bus terminus after it opens. Interesting to see how DB continues to change.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #3 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Thanks, garmato.  Oh, yes, do post photos.  Lots of planting going on so should be clean and green  Smiley

IP Logged

bingoding

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #4 - Apr 6th, 2019 at 2:12am
Print Post  
thanks Garmato Smiley

IP Logged

Poka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #5 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 12:10am
Print Post  
The layout is plain stupidity. There is absolutely no cover getting to the busses. When raining people will continue to get wet. The covers at the buss stops are so narrow that they will offer little to no protection at all.

Busses like 2/3 will now take another 2 min to get home because they now need to do a detour.

Sorry - intention is fine but not really well thought through

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #6 - Apr 16th, 2019 at 2:25am
Print Post  
They should also have made the shelter deeper, I don`t see a reason why they couldn`t have made the cover longer, it is far too short.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 4:00am
Print Post  
It is an open air not covered terminus and bear in mind it is still in its trial stage pending completion of the project which can offer more covered access but perhaps not all the way to each bus stop.

Future escalator when open, will help those going to the front bus stops and avoid accidents as people are rushing too quickly across the open area from the current escalator. While paying attention to buses coming in, it is easy to miss seeing and trip over the concrete block end of each bus stop raised pavement, which zebra crossings cut across - it would have been better to make a smooth transition between the crossing and the pavement levels.

I hope they add more wooden stools of different heights as they have done since the typhoon at other temporary bus stops. The timing of buses is quite precise so maybe those who need to, can wait on side benches or ramparts? (hopefully there will be common seating areas as in old days)  to avoid standing too long or getting undue exposure to the elements. My cynical side says that by design, they want us to spend more time in the mall area - coffee shops next to terminus.

Extended rain covers - don't think the roofs can be extended out further or else the buses might hit the roofs. They are not high enough?

It is still an option to use the current temp stops - exposed coming from Plaza - or the new ones,  a bit less exposed depending on where one is coming from. To me it is a trade off if one comes in by ferry, it is hard to avoid some rain. Once the lower level is open and the project completed, I hope there will be more access points close to individual bus stops.

And there should be friendly educators/ambassadors in attractive vests, local 'gilets jaunes' guiding those in need safely to the Stops!
« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2019 at 5:33am by CG »  

IP Logged

ozremovalists

Best Removalists company
across Australia

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
Yes, All existing internal bus routes of DB Plaza will make en-route stops at the new bus terminus. However, the three external routes (DB01R, DB02R, DB03R) will continue to operate with the current routes and bus stop arrangements until further notice from Hong Kong Resort Company Limited.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #9 - Apr 24th, 2019 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Ridiculous this evening, the T4 and 9 temporarily suspended, with no one around to advise, confusion reigns.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint