Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic White or dark brown kitchen Island (Read 783 times)
Micheal

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

White or dark brown kitchen Island
Jan 30th, 2019 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
My wife and I are in the process of renovating our cottage and cannot agree on the color for our kitchen Island. It's going to be a rather large/extended kitchen with the main wall cabinets in white. One of us prefers a white island while the other prefers to go with a dark rub stain. Since we cannot agree we're hoping to get enough feedback from others to help make a decision.

I've included 3D renderings of the kitchen layout and island color options below. (NOTE: ignore the black outline in two of the brown island pics. This is a glitch in the software.)

To help you better understand the space here is some more information:

The entire home will be painted in white (Chantilly lace or oxford white - your vote on these two colors would also be great Smiley, including the baseboards and trim work.
We decided on white to help frame the view of the water that can be seen from all rooms, including the kitchen, from large windows.
Beside the kitchen, parallel to the island will be the dining table which will likely be a wooden table (teak or darker wood color)
Beside the dining room, across a hallway is the great room with large windows looking out to the lake which could be seen from the kitchen. We haven't decided on the furniture, but it would likely be a grey and wood tones.
We'll be including greenery, colorful artwork and other accent pieces to help balance the white.
The flooring will be similar to the one shown in the attached 3D images.
This is a cottage and want it to be warm and inviting, however, we also want it bright and modern(ish).

Any feedback on the color of the island, white paint color or other suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Regard
Micheal's Husband!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint