bars   pie

IN FAVOUR OF KEEPING STOP NEAR MTR EXITS A & D    
  7 (87.5%)
IN FAVOUR OF RETURNING TO THE FORMER LOCATION    
  1 (12.5%)

Total votes: 8
« Created by: SayNoToPrivateCars on: Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:23am »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic TUNG CHUNG TEMPORARY BUS TERMINUS (Read 5445 times)
SayNoToPrivateCars
God Member

Patriotism is the last
refuge of a scoundrel

TUNG CHUNG TEMPORARY BUS TERMINUS
Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:11am
Print Post  
I have news that construction work at the new Tung Chung commercial development extension adjacent to Citygate is nearing completion.

This leads to the question of what will happen to the temporary DB01R bus stop close to MTR Exits A & D.

Many residents I have spoken to appear to favour retaining the current location instead of returning to somewhere near the former position, which is now covered by a new podium.

Since I (SNTPC) was heavily involved in the 2014 campaign  to suggest and eventually win approval for the current site of the temporary bus stop, I took the initiative recently to have this topic discussed at my own VOC meeting. The overwhelming consensus was to request that this present bus stop is retained.   

I will try to get this topic onto the Agenda for the next Passenger Liaison Group meeting and hopefully someone higher up the local political food chain will get this discussed at COC level.

Please do your bit to get this moving . If we don't fight to keep this stop, we will lose out to other Tung Chung residential bus services who I hear, also want "our stop".

IP Logged

RunningRoach
God Member

Daaaaaamnnn Doggy!

Re: TUNG CHUNG TEMPORARY BUS TERMINUS
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 3:20am
Print Post  
keep it where it is.....great for everyone involved (residents, visitors, staff)......also good for south lantau residents as it gives the blue taxi drivers less space to sit and sleep rather than drive their taxis......

Great work mate.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Isn't the current location just a temporary arrangement with an agreement to move it to the new terminus further away than the old location?

The current bus stop is very nice and convenient. Journey time is shorter and faster.

Old location was not so bad but visitors had trouble finding it and tourists boarded wrong bus (as an example it still happens in Sunny Bay)

I wonder if the government would allow DB to retain the current bus stop. Considering Tung Chung is planned to have 250,000 residents and is a major tourist hub, I expect priority would be given to locals and tourists especially with Macau/Zhuhai bridge opening this Sunday (July 1, 2018).

What is HKR's preference regarding the bus stop location?

IP Logged

SayNoToPrivateCars
God Member

Patriotism is the last
refuge of a scoundrel

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 7:33am
Print Post  
garmato wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 4:45am:
What is HKR's preference regarding the bus stop location?

Sorry but how would I know this? I don't don't work for them .  Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint