Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Airport in-town check-in (Read 6087 times)
Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Airport in-town check-in
May 21st, 2018 at 12:30am
Print Post  
I want to use the HK or Kowloon Station in-town check-in for a late BA flight.  So I take along my hold suitcase and collect boarding pass, that's fine, but how is hand baggage dealt with?  Doesn't it have to be tagged and won't that mean I have to take hand baggage to the check-in also?

Thanks for advice.

IP Logged

Nan

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Re: Airport in-town check-in
Reply #1 - May 21st, 2018 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Hand baggage doesn't need to be tagged. But if you want, you can ask the counter to give you a few tags when checking in at Kowloon or HK station.

Ger wrote on May 21st, 2018 at 12:30am:
I want to use the HK or Kowloon Station in-town check-in for a late BA flight.  So I take along my hold suitcase and collect boarding pass, that's fine, but how is hand baggage dealt with?  Doesn't it have to be tagged and won't that mean I have to take hand baggage to the check-in also?

Thanks for advice.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2018 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Thanks for that, Nan.  I couldn't remember whether hand baggage had to be tagged and I don't want to take it into town unless I have to.

I am actually making a special journey to town for an early check-in and will return to DB to take the airport bus later.

The last time I took this flight, they didn't open the airport check-in until the queue stretched the entire length of the hall and out of sight.  I wasn't the first in line but I waited for over an hour.  As a result, boarding was a rush from start to finish.  Not my way to begin a long haul flight.

IP Logged

twinkleberry

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2018 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
That does seem to be taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut especially as in theory you have to pay for an airport express ticket although you may be able to get someone to open the large luggage gateway for you.

you can check in online 24 hrs before the flight then drop your bag at the online check in counter at the airport. Of course if you are worried about the lengths of the queues at the airport this will not help. Personally I would have thought the 90+minute commute to Central and back more stressful than queuing

Hope you enjoy your holiday, weather in the Uk is lovely at the moment

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2018 at 8:44pm
Print Post  
Twinkleberry - That's why they say 'to each his own'  Smiley  I would so much rather take a gentle two-way trip on the DB ferry than stand in a queue of restless, disgruntled people at the airport for an hour.  No question about it.  Worth $100 too.  I do check-in online but you still have to queue.

Thanks - yes the weather's great in UK at the moment.  Hope it lasts!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint