Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) san hing overcharge (Read 15090 times)
fish22

Forum for DB residents

san hing overcharge
Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:36am
Print Post  
nearly every month !!! They send bills for 800 smth though real bill shows less than 100 per month . Just now received the bill and they charged around 20 m more. I called them . They started to interrupt me saying they did not get any self meter reading and there was no call from us... though the call is fixed in my phone: self meter has been done and they have been informed. Why should I waste time every month on calls to them? What if I do not check and auto pay? Where to complaint to?

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Re: san hing overcharge
Reply #1 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 8:03am
Print Post  
The gas meter is in the kitchen. If nobody is home when they come knocking for a reading, you get billed on what they call as average overall consumption. Read your meter and write it down on your bill, ask them to adjust before paying. I never call and always pay in person. If this is too much trouble, some residents have opted for total electric and disconnected the gas service.

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Dear Jojos,
that what I do every month.
The meter WAS READ! I have informed them in time. But they still sent me the bill with extra 20 meters there and at least 700 HKD more.
I called them , they were trying to prove that there was no call from my side, though the call is fixed by my phone.

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:33am
Print Post  
If the bill states "Estimated Reading " and consumption is billed for 22 cubic meters like my current bill is now, assume that whatever reading they did is not reflected.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #4 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
They leave a self reading card for you or email them, both worked for me. I never called. Any error, they responded without problems.

info@ehkgas.com
Toby Wong

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #5 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
this toby yesterday refused to admit that there was a call from my side in time. he became mad when i said" the conversation will be recorded" he shouted at me . I recorded the talk. the thing is: they try to overcharge even if I inform meter reading in time.

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
If you give them the current reading now, will they not adjust? If they adjust, there is no over charging.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
The point is to put in writing from now on, even take a photo. Avoid phonecalls.

For last month, show them the actual reading now is still less than what they charged you for.

Never had any unpleasantness in emails, even got apologies over mild errors.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #8 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
And set a cap on autopay so that disputed amounts will not be paid above the cap.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
How infuriating are people who ask for advice and get plenty, yet they refuse to listen to it.

Do NOT make telephone calls. Write your meter reading down either on their card or send by email. Do not get nasty. When people write that their experience with San Hing has always been good, examine your own attitude and ask yourself why yours has not.

IP Logged

SayNoToPrivateCars
God Member

Patriotism is the last
refuge of a scoundrel

Reply #10 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 4:03am
Print Post  
Ger wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:36pm:
How infuriating are people who ask for advice and get plenty, yet they refuse to listen to it.

Do NOT make telephone calls. Write your meter reading down either on their card or send by email. Do not get nasty. When people write that their experience with San Hing has always been good, examine your own attitude and ask yourself why yours has not.

Well said Ger. It needed saying.

'Fish22'  why pick an argument about phone calls when it's not necessary?
Just email the gas-meter reading with your address or account number. It's so simple and works. The bill will be adjusted downwards if it has been over-estimated in the past.

IP Logged

Andy

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #11 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
They over-charge for a few months and then you get a few months they charge nothing. This is their norm.

Not a big deal.

IP Logged

Terry666

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
fish22, most months my bill is 100% above the real cost.
I take a camera photo of the real reading and trot along to their shop. Very happy staff adjust my bill.
They are overworked and underpaid.
L Cheesyovely to deal with though.

IP Logged

twinkleberry

Reply #13 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 2:20am
Print Post  
They have a mail box at the ferry pier, you can drop the reading on the "whilst you were out" card there. I have always found the staff very pleasant when I go up to their office each month to pay the bill.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:54am by twinkleberry »  

IP Logged

the incredible bulk

Forum for DB residents

Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Andy wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:49pm:
They over-charge for a few months and then you get a few months they charge nothing. This is their norm.

Not a big deal.

I disagree.  If their billing estimates are always so ridiculously high and they insist on being paid monthly they should re-evaluate their estimate process.  I don't see why I should have to email them every single sodding month in order to get a bill that bears any resemblance to my actual usage.

IP Logged

dekka

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2017 at 6:34am
Print Post  
I agree also.   It is part of their cash flow strategy,  Some just pay the estimate without question.

It is not rocket science to estimate an individual account holders usage over the last 6 month and provide an accurate estimated bill.  The data is there in their system they just don't want to do it for some reason........

If they want to do it this way have a simple web portal that customers can simply enter account and meter reading.

This month they sent me a estimate bill of 900.34HKD.  Actual usage after the usual monthly communications 198.67HKD.   Not even in the same ball park.

The other thing to track is their prices increases in relation to the oil price..... 2% oil price increase = 10% San hing increment.  Same dude must calculate the monthly bill estimate  Smiley

Don't get me wrong the front line staff are good and professional, sadly they take the grief.

But that company has questionable practices from a much higher level than Toby and co.

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #16 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Ger wrote on Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:36pm:

if I live in Hong Kong for 1 day I could take youradvise, but I live here for more than 12 years and came across the problem at the 1st time. Normally you call inform the meter reading and all is fine, but this time smth went wrong. the fact is: I inform according to their rules, they STILL overcharge. I have a lot of bills for my business, suppliers, other things and I am not going to pay too much attention to just the gas bill & the call to them WAS fixed

IP Logged

JojoS
God Member

Reply #17 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
I paid my gas bill today with the actual self reading written on the gas bill just below the estimated reading. All I said was "Adjust PLEASE" and waited for less than a minute and was told the amount and paid. No drama. Would it make a big difference if the estimated reading was based on the annual/bi-annual average of my consumption? Not really, I will still end up saying "Adjust PLEASE".  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint