Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Common spaces (Read 8236 times)
bzbee

Forum for DB residents

Common spaces
Oct 12th, 2017 at 12:57am
Print Post  
What are the rules in common spaces in low rises? I am constantly asked to take the footwear in whereas my neighbor has her paint buckets in the fire stair.

BZbee

IP Logged

naiseit

Forum for DB residents

Re: Common spaces
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Rules are easy: common spaces are "common"!
As such cannot be used to store shoes, bikes, strollers ecc... such a common bad habit unfortunately... I hate to come home and smell the stinky shoes of my neighbours while I open my door... Cry

IP Logged

twinkleberry

Reply #2 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Shoes inside and alert management when there is anything on the fire escape stairs

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #3 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 1:41am
Print Post  
recently I was bothered by security staff. They knocked my door early morning and asked me to free up the space in the hall. I was so angry as 1) the stuff in the hall ( huge trolley with something inside) was not mine 2) I came back from business trip and wanted to sleep, but they annoyed me by ringing. I called to DB management and complained. Rules are the same for all, right? buy a shoe cabinet for your home and do not annoy neighbors

IP Logged

the incredible bulk

Forum for DB residents

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 1:55am
Print Post  
Not sure that some items in the hallway that aren't blocking a fire exit or causing a nuisance are a problem.  Needs to be some common sense I feel, we all live in tiny flats and need to maximise the space available as much as possible.

My neighbours leave their pram and kids scooters outside their door and it blocks nothing but the entrance to their front door.  Other neighbours have a shoe cupboard - same situation.

IP Logged

MCC

Forum for DB residents

Reply #5 - Nov 2nd, 2017 at 3:01am
Print Post  
There is no such thing as "common" sense. There are as many senses as there are people... Look at the incredible bulk. He/ she thinks prams and scooters parked outside one's entrance is not blocking the escape routes... wonder how these people living behind that door escape in emergency... If they are lucky, they manage to quickly push aside the stuff in front of their doors. Well, unlucky for those running down from above... the stuff is now no longer blocking the entrance to one flat but a whole walkway... what one finds "common sense", 20 others may find selfish nonsense...

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #6 - Nov 3rd, 2017 at 12:20am
Print Post  
the incredible bulk wrote on Nov 1st, 2017 at 1:55am:
Not sure that some items in the hallway that aren't blocking a fire exit or causing a nuisance are a problem.  Needs to be some common sense I feel, we all live in tiny flats and need to maximise the space available as much as possible.

My neighbours leave their pram and kids scooters outside their door and it blocks nothing but the entrance to their front door.  Other neighbours have a shoe cupboard - same situation.

not all the people live in tiny flats. e.g. we have a lot of space, our neighbors have around 800-900 sq feet for 4 persons, but they still keep their stuff outside and sometimes security asks them to remove it. It is just an attitude . A lot of people make their spaces tiny by putting a lot of bulky stuff inside and outside)))

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 8:15am
Print Post  
My neighbour has a shoe rack outside their flat, but it doesn't effect me in any way, so I don't worry about it.

A previous tenant in the same flat also had a shoe rack, but had really noxious shoes that I could smell from inside my flat, so I told management and management made them move it indoors.

Stuff in common areas isn't always a problem, just be considerate, that's all.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 1:15am
Print Post  
No, not always a problem. My neighbours keep shoes outside their flat and it doesn’t bother me. But I think the management works on the basis that nothing should block fire exits and if you let stuff outside a little bit it can get out of hand. Give them an inch and they’ll take a foot and so on.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 6:21am
Print Post  
http://www.dbcommunity.hk/icms2/ICMServlet/download/28-106-17387/DB%20City%20Rul...

9 Common Areas

9.1 No private property other than a floor mat or small articles approved by City Management may be left outside housing units in common areas, with the exception of bicycles which are subject to Section D, para. 2. City Management may remove any private property without warning and will not be liable for any loss or damage that may result.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint