Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) La Creation - now gone! (Read 17034 times)
stald

Forum for DB residents

La Creation - now gone!
Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:39am
Print Post  
So yet another of the long term shops in DB Plaza has departed. La Creation, together with its neighbor, the Japanese restaurant next door, just flew away, together with the typhoon Hato this week.
Whilst not an avid user of the produce from La Creation, I was nevertheless a regular customer. It is disappointing that they appear to have been forced out by the greed of the DBR property management, especially at a time when we all are having to tolerate so much other inconvenience with their Plaza/Bus terminus redevelopment.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Re: La Creation - now gone!
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 7:17am
Print Post  
Is La Creation not reopening in Oct. after renovation?

IP Logged

chair

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:51am
Print Post  
I heard that both those shops are closed for renovations.

IP Logged

UpHigh
God Member

Forum for DB residents

Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 7:58am
Print Post  
chair wrote on Aug 28th, 2017 at 3:51am:
I heard that both those shops are closed for renovations.

Before they put up the boarding around the shops, it did say on a sign in La Creation's window that it was a renovation and they would be open again, I think it was a date in mid sept.

IP Logged

parkvaledevelopment

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
The cashier said on the last day the Japanese restaurant is going and the bread shop is expanding across into the space.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Reply #5 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:17am
Print Post  
It's no surprise the Japanese place has closed. There's far too many Asian restaurants in Discovery Bay.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Really?

If we take the demographic of DB population, the number of Asian restaurants available are indeed under represented.

Personally, the Korean is OK but Island Café have attitude problems.

IP Logged

MCC

Forum for DB residents

Reply #7 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
finally; it's about time the filthiest chefs/ cooks are no longer serving us. Posted this before: the chefs never washed their hands after the toilet; disgusting!!!  When I asked them why they were not, they always pretended they did not understand; unacceptable.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
MCC no wonder the food serve in our local restaurants taste different from those on Hong Kong Island.

Any particular restaurant you are referring to?

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #9 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:21am
Print Post  
With the Japanese place gone, there's now 17 restaurants around the plaza, not counting the residents club. Only 3 are Asian (Tom Yum, Island Cafe, First Korean). For an Asian city, this is ridiculous. Three Asian restaurants and four Italians?

For a district this size in Hong Kong to lack a good Chinese restaurant is just bizarre.

Oh it makes me so mad...

IP Logged

Nan

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Although i rarely eat out, but i totally agree with you.

Otis The Tramp wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 6:21am:
With the Japanese place gone, there's now 17 restaurants around the plaza, not counting the residents club. Only 3 are Asian (Tom Yum, Island Cafe, First Korean). For an Asian city, this is ridiculous. Three Asian restaurants and four Italians?

For a district this size in Hong Kong to lack a good Chinese restaurant is just bizarre.

Oh it makes me so mad...

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #11 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Peony is a chinese restaurant and seems popular, although in the Club. Maybe they don't want competition.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #12 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
CG wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 12:08pm:
Peony is a chinese restaurant and seems popular, although in the Club. Maybe they don't want competition.

Yes, I didn't count the residents club because it's  only open to members. But if you include the club, that's 19 restaurants, four Asian, which is just as bad.

You're probably right about the Peony & competition. If DB had a good Chinese restaurant, Peony would be in trouble.

IP Logged

MCC

Forum for DB residents

Reply #13 - Sep 1st, 2017 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
The Japanese that is now gone...

BH wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:25pm:
MCC no wonder the food serve in our local restaurants taste different from those on Hong Kong Island.

Any particular restaurant you are referring to?

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #14 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Otis The Tramp wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 3:10pm:
CG wrote on Sep 1st, 2017 at 12:08pm:

Yes, I didn't count the residents club because it's  only open to members. But if you include the club, that's 19 restaurants, four Asian, which is just as bad.

You're probably right about the Peony & competition. If DB had a good Chinese restaurant, Peony would be in trouble.

Otis,

Anyone can eat in the Clubs by paying 15% surcharge.

Peony is not bad by DB standards, the staff are nice with good space and seating. Food quality varies. I prefer off peak dining to get the best out of Peony.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #15 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 12:10am
Print Post  
As a regular customer of La Creation, especially a daily fan of their baguettes, I am looking forward to their reopening  Smiley

I hope their quality does not dilute with expansion. Another place with nice service and going out of the way to please this customer, keep it up!

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #16 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 12:26am
Print Post  
On Asian cuisine in DB, Auberge says they do pan-Asian fare.

Cafe Siena and newly renovated D'Cafe offer different asian (southeast asian) options.

I have not been up to the Golf Club in a while now, but the chinese menu says non-members pay 15% surcharge. There are likely schedule restrictions for non-members.

Is there a competitive market for a high end dedicated traditional Chinese restaurent in DB? I doubt it as many residents often eat elsewhere in HK, one can hear them in transit going to such appointments. Cheesy

DB is being marketed mainly to local day trippers and mainland visitors as a fun resort getaway, they won't look for chinese food here. Residents do not matter in this scenario. Long ago, DB had decent Chinese restaurants.
« Last Edit: Sep 2nd, 2017 at 1:35am by CG »  

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #17 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 4:56am
Print Post  
If you're going to count Cafe Sienna and D'Cafe, then you may as well call Zaks, Ebeneezer's, 7-11 etc Asian, as they all sell noodles.

I'm sure there'd be a market for a good Chinese restaurant. Wouldn't need to be Michelin starred, but a good mid-range place. The old Sichuan place wasn't high-end, but it was often packed at weekends.

Ultimately this all comes down to whatever HKR decides is its priority, and as you say, Coppergoose, that seems to be day-trippers from other districts.

IP Logged

lace
God Member

I love Tung Chung

Reply #18 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
BH wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 12:15pm:
Really?
Personally, the Korean is OK but Island Café have attitude problems.

IMHO, both places have MSG problems, I felt nauseous and sick after eating there. They must use the stuff by the ladle.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #19 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Hi Lace

Being viewing a couple of properties in TC recently. Each time, there were tons of people at Citygate. All restaurants were overfilled. I am guessing it is similar everywhere in HK, needless to say DB too.

I heard there are communities beginning to formed or already formed. Dog poo isn't great but it had caught on from DB.

We are still thinking about the move.

About the restaurants in DB, the population is getting close to 25,000 (max) or had already exceeded but yet the community does not have a say or input on the type of restaurants we can have in this community.

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #20 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:12am
Print Post  
what for to open 100 Chinese restaurants here? You can try them everywhere in Hong Kong. DB has its own atmosphere. There are plenty of wonderful Chinese restaurants in Tung Chung and nearby areas. do you think tourists who come here will be interested in the same stuff like everywhere in the city?

IP Logged

lace
God Member

I love Tung Chung

Reply #21 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
BH wrote on Sep 4th, 2017 at 11:29pm:
Hi Lace

Being viewing a couple of properties in TC recently. Each time, there were tons of people at Citygate. All restaurants were overfilled. I am guessing it is similar everywhere in HK, needless to say DB too.

I heard there are communities beginning to formed or already formed. Dog poo isn't great but it had caught on from DB.

We are still thinking about the move.

About the restaurants in DB, the population is getting close to 25,000 (max) or had already exceeded but yet the community does not have a say or input on the type of restaurants we can have in this community.

There are a number of decent restaurants in the residential area behind Citygate: My Thai, The Tavern, Zentro, the Chinese restaurant on top of Market Place, Resto, Kimos, The Curry Lounge.. There are a Vietnamese place, two Chinese restaurants as well as Pizza Express at that end of City Gate as well (ground floor level), and a very good Korean restaurant next to the cable car.

No issue with dog poo in Tung Chung Crescent, La Rossa & Coastal Skyline (not sure about Seaview Crescent) as pets are not allowed in these estates.

IP Logged

6ix

Forum for DB residents

Reply #22 - Sep 12th, 2017 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Though also under the A1 group as La Creation, the Japanese restaurant was really running in inferior standard. During lunch hour, there were always a crowd of people having to wait for 10-15 mins for a table while there were plenty of empty seats inside. The only one or 2 waiter/waitress were rushing around while many raising hands asking for service were remained ignored. They were just way too busy. I'd had a sashimi rice in the bowl, the rice was as cold as the sashimi on the top.
Not much a loss without such.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #23 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:30am
Print Post  
fish22 wrote on Sep 10th, 2017 at 10:12am:
what for to open 100 Chinese restaurants here? You can try them everywhere in Hong Kong. DB has its own atmosphere. There are plenty of wonderful Chinese restaurants in Tung Chung and nearby areas. do you think tourists who come here will be interested in the same stuff like everywhere in the city?

Who said anything about 100 Chinese restaurants? And why should I have to go to some other town to eat Chinese food? That makes no sense at all. DB is a Hong Kong residential district, not an extension of Disneyland.

IP Logged

Nan

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #24 - Sep 13th, 2017 at 8:32am
Print Post  
i think a decent Chinese/Japanese noodle bar might be a good choice.

Otis The Tramp wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:30am:

Who said anything about 100 Chinese restaurants? And why should I have to go to some other town to eat Chinese food? That makes no sense at all. DB is a Hong Kong residential district, not an extension of Disneyland.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #25 - Sep 14th, 2017 at 2:04am
Print Post  
Otis The Tramp wrote on Sep 13th, 2017 at 6:30am:

Well said. It never occur to me, HKR may have conceived DB as an extension of Disneyland. Auberge is part of the Disneyland's neighbourhood alliance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint