Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic WikiLeaks unveils "Vault 7" (Read 8688 times)
garmato
God Member

WikiLeaks unveils "Vault 7"
Mar 8th, 2017 at 12:17am
Print Post  
Anybody like conspiracies? Well, WikiLeaks released "Vault 7" which it claims to be the largest intelligence leak in history.

Part 1 is entitled "Year Zero" and is concerned with CIA hacking, some 8,761 documents released covering the years 2013-2016.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks

For the technically inclined, there is a torrent file 531 MB which requires a password that they gave out yesterday and references quote from John F. Kennedy: "I will splinter the CIA into a thousand pieces and scatter it into the wind."

This release is too technical and will only be understood by computer programmers since most of it is code exploits, early revelations:

https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

Most notably, Windows, MacOS, Linux, iPhone, Android, Samsung TV are compromised. The CIA has over 5,000 hackers who can remotely access your data due to exploits they have discovered and hidden from major companies such as Microsoft, Apple, Google, etc.

They can access geolocation, audio and text communications, and covertly operate your camera and microphone. Samsung TV can be turned into covert microphone. And lastly car hacking is real. They can remotely take over control of your car through its entertainment system (newer models of cars that have cellular internet connectivity)

It's now being suspected that investigative journalist Michael Hastings was murdered 10 days after he authored an article published on Buzz Feed June 8, 2013. Just one day before his car crashed he had tried to borrow his neighbor's car to get out of town fearing his car may have been tampered with.

http://whowhatwhy.org/2015/07/23/newest-remote-car-hacking-raises-more-questions...

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Re: WikiLeaks unveils "Vault 7"
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
I know these forums have been a bit quiet lately, but are conspiracy theories the only way to wake them up again?

If Putin gives Assange a big scoop about Beijing manipulating the Discovery Bay Village Owners Committees, then great, let's hear it. But until then, can someone talk about the alien in the back of my fridge?

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2017 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Headlines of garmato's in-depth reports make the contents clear.  If they are not to your liking, then don't read them.  It's the limited scope of local gossip and endless whining about nothing in particular - e.g. aliens in the back of your fridge - that are the real killers of this Forum.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
I like a bit of conspiracy theory. They're fun to read.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg covers his laptop's webcam and mic with tape.

FBI Director James Comey also admits to putting tape over his laptop's webcam.

Though, 100% security or privacy is just a myth covering your laptop or cellphone cams can indeed block hackers and spies from taking snapshots or recording videos of you. Hence, it is always advisable to cover your device’s cam.

https://www.hackread.com/mark-zuckerbergs-laptop-cam-tape/

Back in 2010 there was news about teachers being able to spy on students by remote access and the webcam of loaned laptops.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 5:26am
Print Post  
Ger wrote on Mar 10th, 2017 at 10:34pm:
Headlines of garmato's in-depth reports make the contents clear.  If they are not to your liking, then don't read them.  It's the limited scope of local gossip and endless whining about nothing in particular - e.g. aliens in the back of your fridge - that are the real killers of this Forum.

So that's your considered input Ger? A whine about whines?

No doubt there are many reasons for the board being quiet. Perhaps it's a conspiracy.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Otis The Tramp wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 5:26am:

No doubt there are many reasons for the board being quiet. Perhaps it's a conspiracy.

OTT - you are too easily bruised, it seems, so let me answer your question, "Are conspiracy theories the only way to wake [the Forum] up again?"  No, not the only way, just one way that some readers find interesting and amusing.  Ho hum.

IP Logged

wessa

Forum for DB residents

Reply #6 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
Ger wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:20am:

OTT - you are too easily bruised, it seems, so let me answer your question, "Are conspiracy theories the only way to wake [the Forum] up again?"  No, not the only way, just one way that some readers find interesting and amusing.  Ho hum.

Woke me up for 45 seconds and I went right back to sleep    Huh

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #7 - Mar 12th, 2017 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Ger wrote on Mar 12th, 2017 at 10:20am:

Ger, do you have anything of value to add to this topic? If not then that's OK, opinions aren't mandatory. There are plenty of interesting and amusing topics elsewhere on this board. Ho hum!

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #8 - Mar 13th, 2017 at 2:33am
Print Post  
I suppose the best way to wake up the board is to introduce a topic for discussion. Maybe if I introduced this topic as "Should the government have authority to spy on citizens?" then it wouldn't really be completely a conspiracy theory but a discussion. Since it touches upon so many topics like teachers spying on students, Apple icloud being hacked, leaking of nude selfies (Jennifer Lawrence), the US handing over DNS control to the United Nations and possible implications such as the death of net neutrality, Facebook and Twitter cracking down on free (or hate) speech, etc.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint