Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Lady from Greens, please queue up! (Read 15567 times)
AngryMan

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Lady from Greens, please queue up!
Mar 6th, 2017 at 12:54am
Print Post  
This is not the first time you didn't queue up! Whatever on bus C9, 4 or T9!

goo.gl/GSuOpf

IP Logged

chair

Re: Lady from Greens, please queue up!
Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Angry man could say to her face, 'Lady in Greens please queue up'!

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:43am
Print Post  
Am I crazy or wasn't there a bus rules list for passengers at bus stops that mentioned that queue jumpers will be refused to board the bus?

If there is a decent number of passengers waiting in line then the bus driver might ask a blatant queue jumper to get off the bus, but if there is only a few passengers waiting, I doubt the driver will care.

I think chair is correct. Next time you see this woman, don't wait until the bus arrives. Tell her "pai doi, pai doi!" (get in line!)

IP Logged

chair

Reply #3 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:05am
Print Post  
I doubt the driver will care.......regardless of the number of passengers. I don't know how folk have the neck to do it!

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:13am
Print Post  
garmato wrote on Mar 6th, 2017 at 6:43am:
I think chair is correct. Next time you see this woman, don't wait until the bus arrives. Tell her "pai doi, pai doi!" (get in line!)

Or you can say "Lung mei, lung mei!  龍尾、龍尾!"  But then we are making assumptions that she will understand.

Depending on my mood, I can lose my cool over queue jumping.  Once I was alone at a bus-stop when along came two ladies engrossed in chattering.  They positioned themselves strategically in front of me at the kerbside.  Sure enough, when the bus arrived, on they hopped.  Mad, I said to them "You people really don't know about queuing, do you!"  They looked quite astonished and hurt and replied, "But there is no queue here!"  "Me", I said, "I am a queue.  One person can be a queue."

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #5 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Ger, aww... "But there is no queue here!" / "Me! I'm a queue."

chair, you're most likely right about that.

Oh, and...

Ger wrote on Mar 6th, 2017 at 8:13am:
Or you can say "Lung mei, lung mei!  龍尾、龍尾!"  But then we are making assumptions that she will understand.

I wouldn't have understood that! I'd be like "Sorry, wrong person." Lung mei sounds like a name. Cheesy

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 9:37am
Print Post  
Very colloquial, Garmato.  I've said 'Wai - dragon's tail!' more than once.  When accompanied by a thumb-sign in the right direction it was well understood Grin

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #7 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Why assume she is chinese?

IP Logged

AngryMan

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #8 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
I knew that she is in hurry to catch 8:30 ferry to central and send her boy to Wei Lun, but you have to queue! And she occupied the priority seat while eldery and kids around, what a shame! Angry Angry

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #9 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
I was very disturbed recently by actions of some of our elderly folks in DB who had developed an entitlement mentality.

I was in DB1R where the first row of seat immediately behind the driver is a single seat. A lady with several bags sat in. Then came an elderly gentleman demanding this lady to give up the seat for him while there were purple seats just some seats behind.

With great difficulty the lady got off her seat to let this elderly man have the seat. If you remember the seat is elevated so the elderly man needs to climb up.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #10 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
I still have the photo in my computer. On my trip in DB01R towardsDB, in a ccrowded bus, this man with an infant took up 3 seats. One for his bag, one for himself and the other empty seat for his infant. When someone asked if anyone using that seat he replied yes there is someone still there.

Can believe there are such inconciderate people living in DB.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #11 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Prams sometime drive me nuts. Ever so there will be occasion when one come across this situation where you find more than 3 prams in the bus. Our buses can accommodate at most 2 prams in the bay.

Too often when asked they reply they will drop in the following stop.

I witness once where one mother with a pram (those with huge wheels) had difficulty getting down the bus. After she got down the bus she was literally cursing and enquiring what type of people we have in DB. Nobody willing to help a mother with kid.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #12 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
There are on some occasions people who will get on the bus with a pram full of shopping without a child in sight.Last week the T4 was full, two prams in the bay designated for prams, one by the side door and another in the gangway,the bus was packed, I hope and prey that this doesn`t happen, but I can foresee a tragic accident.

IP Logged

wessa

Forum for DB residents

Reply #13 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Chinese, western, all the same.
Last Saturday around midday I was on the Tung Chung bus back to Discovery Bay. A western gentlemen sat in a seat and put his bag on the seat opposite him. It was not until all the available seats were gone and a lady asked if she could sit down when he finally with a big ughhh moved his bag out from the seat.
It was not a big bag and even so, that's what the luggage bags are for.
Wessa is a gweipo too and she hates it when we point fingers at others before pointing them at ourselves.

IP Logged

twinkleberry

Reply #14 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I don't think there is a designated "pram bay" on any of the buses. The bay is in fact a designated space for wheelchairs (hence the padded upright and seat belt).

The new bus arrangements are definitely not wheelchair friendly as I found when assisting someone in a wheelchair recently.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2017 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Wessa and Coppergoose - No need to be over-sensitive.  No one is pointing fingers at Chinese people.  I was describing particular incidents involving them, that's all.  In these cases, using a Cantonese expression is not only more effective but more polite too.

In our politically-correct world, one just has to include nationality or ethnicity to make some rise up in rage.  So let me make it quite clear that I believe Westerners, the young, the elderly, men with bags and women with prams as well as Chinese, all may be guilty of selfish behaviour.  It should not be necessary to write this.

IP Logged

chair

Reply #16 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 1:20am
Print Post  
You'd think once and for all, now with the new bus set-up that they would  say No! to all prams& pushchairs. the T buses seem to be packed out a lot of the time, can't see how they'll cope with prams.
I always thought a pram/pushchair was for pushing baby out and about.......anywhere is walk-able in DB, why cram these carriages in to buses?? Doesn't make sense. Makes people irate.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 1:41am
Print Post  
Impose the foldup rule.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 2:20am
Print Post  
Agree.  What's more, they could usefully have used the new set-up to enforce strict compliance while people are geared-up to change.  Missed a golden opportunity there.

IP Logged

fish22

Forum for DB residents

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 2:48am
Print Post  
is it a gathering of housewives and househusbands here? Go to Central at  8 a.m and back to DB at peak hours by MTR, then you will become less sensitive and will enjoy that what you have here.

IP Logged

chair

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Indeed fish22, I travel to the Eastern side of the island by ferry et al at 7 a.m. and back by mtr, peak time.

I do use the DB buses a little at weekends so still have a community interest  Wink

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 4:15am
Print Post  
There is a difference. This is DB and not Central. Why not go further and compare Shenzhen instead.

Also issues raised such as prams are violation of not just by laws of the DB bus services but also our transport department. In addition there are safety issues.

I believe DB residents pride themselves as more civilised and are more socially responsible. Eg if loose something you likely to retrieve from lost and found.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
BH, wow, that's really bad. Old man bullying a woman with lots of bags for a non-priority seat. She should have refused to move and pointed to the empty priority seats.

It reminds of this funny  incident from 2014. A pregnant woman was offered a seat but did not say thanks. So the lady tricks her to stand up pretending her phone dropped under the seat, takes back the seat and tells her if she can't even say thanks, she doesn't deserve the seat.

As for folding strollers, I think it's a matter of time. DB is getting too crowded and it's very dangerous on a crowded bus especially when the driver is speeding. Passengers can have a serious accident tripping over and hitting their head on the metal railings.

PLG (Passenger Liaison Group) should discuss and consider what is appropriate if they will make recommendations on updating bus safety rules.

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Mar 7th, 2017 at 11:23pm
Print Post  
"I am pregnant.  Isn't that difficult enough?" reminds me of a bus-on-pram response.  Someone  wrote, "I am a mother with children.  Isn't that difficult enough!" as if it were somehow our fault  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint