Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sofa Disposal (Read 11352 times)
hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Sofa Disposal
Dec 18th, 2016 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
We need to dispose of an l shaped sofa by the 27th December, can anyone advise how we can dispose of it.

IP Logged

Tennis Nut

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Re: Sofa Disposal
Reply #1 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
If you're not looking to sell it (and don't mind throwing in a small cash donation on top of it), I've heard that there's this charity organisation that'll take it off you.

If no one here can help with the contact number, I'll dig it out for you tomorrow.

IP Logged

Goldielocks

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
You can Contact DB Mothers and Friends through Facebook.
They will collect it and give it to the less fortunate people in Hong Kong.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2016 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Thank you

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #4 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Call your local mgt office to see when the monthly skip for large trash is there.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #5 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Coppergoose, I don't think they will accept large items like a sofa. The LM officers and Winson cleaning staff have often complained to and about residents that it is very unfair and even cruel to expect the cleaning ladies to move big items for nothing.

There's a reason why Winson (the company contracted to dispose of all of Discovery Bay's waste) has a separate disposal service for large items.

I would suggest you compare your options before deciding which one to use. The number I have for Winson is 9668 3718. Check and compare prices and how soon you can get rid of your item.

You can also try posting on the forum to give away the sofa if it's in good condition (not broken, no serious damage, no stains, no bad odors (basically in a condition you yourself wouldn't mind getting for free). Best to include photo so as to not waste time.

If I was to guess, Winson maybe charges $400. This is for arranging pickup on the same day, for two staff to come inside your home to take away the furniture, put into their truck and dispose of it.

DB Mothers and Friends no longer accept donations to collect your unwanted items. They now charge several fees and can be 2-3 times more expensive than Winson.

If you don't mind spending more money for a good cause then use DBM&F, if you are tight on money, call Winson Cleaning.

IP Logged

CG
God Member

Reply #6 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:38am
Print Post  
I spoke to both customer svc and my local mgt office to ask precisely these questions. Cleaning ladies not involved, we brought our sofa and other items ourselves to the disposal container parked in designated area. FOC.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 21st, 2016 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Coppergoose, thanks for confirming. So it's only once monthly and they will accept large items. That's good.

I had heard that even this year there are still some residents and maybe helpers who dump furniture items near a skip but Winson would not take it in the skip. A separate truck had to come to collect the furniture items. I just don't know if management picked up the tab or not.

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #8 - Dec 26th, 2016 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Thank you for all the comments, the management gave us the contact details for Winsome who will collect the Sofa, there is a charge applied defendant on the size this varies.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint