Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Moofish - a welcome addition (Read 17728 times)
Aby Verydisco

Forum for DB residents

Moofish - a welcome addition
May 3rd, 2016 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Promising first visit. Kind of the same menu as other places but very well prepared and presented. Decor and atmosphere better than elsewhere. Waitress had a lot of piercings which made me feel queasy but my kids said that's an age thing (mine not hers). No seriously, worth a try if you haven't been yet. Opposite from the chapel at the hotel.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Re: Moofish - a welcome addition
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2016 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
MooFish? cute name. Thanks for sharing. Will check it out.

IP Logged

chair

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2016 at 12:47am
Print Post  
It's great....nice to eat with a different outlook. It gets very, very busy Smiley

IP Logged

the incredible bulk

Forum for DB residents

Reply #3 - May 4th, 2016 at 1:06am
Print Post  
It's another Castello place, like Zaks, Figos and Jaspas and the menu is very much the same of those places - as in a bit of everything.

However the quality seems to be a bit higher (and unlike Zaks they don't seem to have given a few dozen people salmonella!)

They also have some nicer beers on tap than your usual bland fizz.

When the weather warms up the tables outdoors will become almost impossible to find free in my opinion as it will be very popular.

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2016 at 3:33am
Print Post  
I tried it for the first time last week. A weekday lunchtime and they had a decent crowd in. The food was the best I have had at any DB restaurant. Admittedly haven't tried any of the signature dishes (steak or fish) yet but it is a promising start.

Oh, and the staff are the friendliest of any restaurant in DB and are to be absolutely commended for their service.

IP Logged

marmalade

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #5 - May 4th, 2016 at 5:02am
Print Post  
After hearing so many good reports we took some visiting family there for dinner and were left rather disappointed. We called in at lunch time to book a table, and were asked which table we wished to reserve. Arrived to find the table we requested had been given to a baby shower party. Two separate menu items we tried to order were unavailable. Service was very disappointing...tedious stuff like having to ask for more cutlery, napkins etc. Food was ok but not as good as we expected, and not value for money. Shame because it's really nicely decorated and in a great spot. We won't be in a rush to go back.

IP Logged

Bob Odenkirk

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #6 - May 16th, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
I've eaten there three times and it's been pretty awesome so far.

IP Logged

chair

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2016 at 7:18am
Print Post  
I agree with marmalade, the service can be really bad. I have been there about 6 times since it opened and on 2 of those visits when the place was really busy the service was abysmal. The worst part of it is that the staff don't care, on one visit we were served one meal short which ruined the dinner time but nobody could give a hoot. I don't really blame the staff, it is management who are not providing the training needed. It is not cheap and they should be making sure that the service matches the prices.

IP Logged

stald

Forum for DB residents

Reply #8 - May 30th, 2016 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Been there 3 or 4 times so far. Have yet to be delighted! The food was very average and the prices higher than equivalent eateries in DB. They need to work a lot harder, as it seems the competitors are upping their game.

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2016 at 1:07am
Print Post  
I would be interested to know which competitors you think have 'upped their game'. In general DB restaurants still remain distinctly average and over priced.

IP Logged

paulos

Forum for DB residents

Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2016 at 11:36am
Print Post  
If your looking for a gourmet restaurant experience then forget it. It's a Castelo restaurant so you know what your getting.

Having said that - in my opinion it's miles better than Zaks and Jaspa's, a bit better than Figos. Been three times, my wife had the risotto last time and it was very good. I will go back over all the others any day.

IP Logged

Generic

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Food tasty. Bad service. Overprice. Awesome location. Decoration nothing special.

IP Logged

HK1980
God Member

Reply #12 - Jun 8th, 2016 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Generic wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:32am:
Food tasty. Bad service. Overprice. Awesome location. Decoration nothing special.

The best review here.

Sums it all up perfectly in a single sentence!

IP Logged

wessa

Forum for DB residents

Reply #13 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 1:24am
Print Post  
HK1980 wrote on Jun 8th, 2016 at 7:53am:
Generic wrote on Jun 7th, 2016 at 6:32am:

The best review here.

Sums it all up perfectly in a single sentence!

Actually, it was five sentences  Cheesy

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2016 at 7:37am
Print Post  
No.  There are no sentences at all because no verb.  Simplest sentence must contain a verb; e.g. Jesus wept.

IP Logged

Aby Verydisco

Forum for DB residents

Reply #15 - Aug 14th, 2016 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Back there last night - service a bit disjointed, come on guys, get your act together....

IP Logged

hongkongpauli

Forum for DB residents

Reply #16 - Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Our friends booked a table for four, we arrived first and were told that there wasn`t a reservation in nay variation of the name given to book the table and the "waiter" wasn`t interested in finding a table. We went outside and waited for our friends and were taken to the table when they arrived, the service was diabolical and incredibly slow, they were initially busy but that slowed as the evening progressed.

The main course was ok, but the dessert was very poor, I had the sticky date pudding, which was cool and dry, and expensive.

I find that Zaks, Jaspa`s and now Moo Fish provide average food with a poor level of service, I won`t rush to go back.

IP Logged

vice_chair

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2017 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
hongkongpauli wrote on Sep 3rd, 2016 at 1:09pm:
Our friends booked a table for four, we arrived first and were told that there wasn`t a reservation in nay variation of the name given to book the table and the "waiter" wasn`t interested in finding a table. We went outside and waited for our friends and were taken to the table when they arrived, the service was diabolical and incredibly slow, they were initially busy but that slowed as the evening progressed.

The main course was ok, but the dessert was very poor, I had the sticky date pudding, which was cool and dry, and expensive.

I find that Zaks, Jaspa`s and now Moo Fish provide average food with a poor level of service, I won`t rush to go back.       

Fine dining you won't find in DB

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint