Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Shenzhen Visa (Read 17095 times)
CBLane

Looking Looking Looking

Shenzhen Visa
Jul 28th, 2015 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Can you advise whether it is still possible to get a visa for day trip at Shenzhen border for British & Philippine passport holders

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Re: Shenzhen Visa
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Shenzhen special visa "VOA" (visa on arrival) is issued at port entry only, hence its name. Best port is Luohu/Lowu which is open 9:00 am - 10:30 pm.

Requirements:
- Passport (at least 6 months validity)
- Visa fee (paid in RMB only)

At the port you can:
- Exchange HKD to RMB
- Fill in visa application form
- Officer will take a photo of you for the form.
- Quick questions.

Most foreign nationals pay RMB 168. UK Passport holder visa fee is RMB 304 for single entry 1 day visit. You can apply for max. 5 day visit.

1. Philippine nationals are banned from obtaining Shenzhen VOA due to human trafficking (sex workers, drug smuggling, illegal employment, etc).

2. Philippine passport holder with HKID Permanent Residency (right of abode) are exempt from the ban. Can apply for Shenzhen VOA at port. Visa fee RMB168

3. If you have Philippine passport and are working as a Foreign Domestic Helper in Hong Kong you can only travel to Shenzhen WITH your employer (Edit: or as part of a tour group)

FDH application requirements:
- HKID (photocopy of helper & employer)
- DH Contract (photocopy)
- Passport (photocopy of helper & employer)
- Visa Form L
- Proof of address (utility bills, bank statement, etc)
- Min. 7 months legal stay in Hong Kong
- Guarantee letter (from helper & employer each including assurance that no laws in China will be broken during visit)

4. Philippine tourists non-HK residents require to apply from Philippines and require invitation letter from a resident in China (Edit: or booking with a tour group)

5. Children (below 18) require photocopy of birth certificate and parent's passport.

6. Philippine passport holder (tourists, helpers, etc) can travel to Shenzhen as part of a tour group. No problem to obtain visa as the tour agency is responsible for your application.
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2015 at 11:54am by garmato »  

IP Logged

CBLane

Looking Looking Looking

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2015 at 9:08am
Print Post  
excellent response.

Thanks!

IP Logged

taipakvillager

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #3 - Nov 21st, 2015 at 7:39am
Print Post  
Grin

IP Logged

whitenblack

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #4 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
How about Filipinos- HK residents (not DH),  can they get VOA?

IP Logged

Cambridge89

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #5 - Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Does anyone know what actually encompasses the "Special Economic Zone" by means of area? I would like to get out of the city and see a little more of what Shenzen has to offer other than electrical goods, clothes and day-spas?

On the 5 day Tourism Visa can you visit: Dapeng Peninsula, Wutong Mountain and Happy Valley Theme Park?

IP Logged

cindylee

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Cambridge89 wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:37am:
Does anyone know what actually encompasses the "Special Economic Zone" by means of area? I would like to get out of the city and see a little more of what Shenzen has to offer other than electrical goods, clothes and day-spas?

On the 5 day Tourism Visa can you visit: Dapeng Peninsula, Wutong Mountain and Happy Valley Theme Park?

i got the same question!

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Reply #7 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 8:59am
Print Post  

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #8 - May 2nd, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
whitenblack wrote on Mar 3rd, 2016 at 3:43pm:
How about Filipinos- HK residents (not DH),  can they get VOA?

These should help.

How to apply for China Visa in HK (HK Travel Blog)
https://hktravelblog.com/china/applying-china-mainland-visa-hong-kong/

Visa fees by passport nationality
http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/blsjfy/t279937.htm

China Foreign Minstry (HK) visa info
http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/zgqz/

Visa fees (Philippine Pesos)
https://www.travelchinaguide.com/embassy/philippines.htm

China Travel Service
http://www.ctshk.com/english/

IP Logged

cindylee

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #9 - May 31st, 2017 at 8:46am
Print Post  
cindylee wrote on Apr 24th, 2017 at 7:10pm:
Cambridge89 wrote on Apr 7th, 2016 at 12:37am:

i got the same question!

FAV LINK:

On foreign language, many parents are concerned about the details: how good is it better to learn English? The pink pig or Mickey Mouse? Where does the organization report?

Today, I would like to talk about the fact that we have not had much attention to a topic - how the language affects our way of thinking and thinking, in layman's terms, that is, people who speak English and Chinese people, Angle and expression of the way there is a big difference, which is very interesting to understand, but also help us to better master a foreign language.
And then talk about a lot of people may have [urthe experience of the example, if you have the opportunity to read some professional books, met some have not seen the words, if the first search of Chinese meaning, I am afraid that even if a few words to know, together do not know The cloud, but if the direct explanation with the British, you can most seconds to understand! By reason, Chinese is our mother tongue, ah, but why is the interpretation of English, let us feel easier to understand it?

It is also because these two things Spiffygirl touched me, I began to think, is not the language has more than the function of communication itself, it is also quietly affecting our thinking.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint