Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Ignorant, racist, piece of sh1t on the ferry (Read 18448 times)
Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Ignorant, racist, piece of sh1t on the ferry
May 5th, 2017 at 12:50pm
Print Post  
Friday the 5th, early afternoon ferry from Central to DB. You complained to my, Asian, wife that my 18 month old daughter was being noisy and preventing you from reading your book.

What the F do you think babies do?

Here is the reality, you wouldn't have the balls to speak to my wife in the way that you did if I was there or if my wife was caucasian. What is worse is that you are not the first. There are numerous occasions that my wife, and others that I know, have had to face your, and others like you, racist sh1t because you have some inbuilt superiority complex.

Give you a Fkng Clue, not all Asians are helpers and, even if they were, you have no right to speak to them like that.

So (wo)man up, come and meet me in the plaza and try that attitude. But you won't, because you are a cowardly, self entitled, piece of sh1t.  Go on, send me a PM to arrange to meet you gutless c*nt.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Re: Ignorant, racist, piece of sh1t on the ferry
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
hahahaha, teach your wife to say "kiss my ass, bitch!" j/k

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2017 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
If you are uncomfortable with your surroundings - for whatever reason, be it a noisy child or someone shouting on a phone - the remedy is simple.  You get up and move.  I do it all the time.  Waiting until almost everyone has boarded reduces the chances of this being necessary.

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2017 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
garmato wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 3:08pm:
hahahaha, teach your wife to say "kiss my ass, bitch!" j/k

That is almost word for word what I suggested  Grin

I am calmer this morning but still angry with the attitude that she demonstrated to my wife. It seems (and as I mentioned, this is not an isolated incident for us or other friends of ours) that it is almost exclusively Western wives, who do not work, that act this way. It doesn't seem to come from people who have lives outside of the DB Bubble.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #4 - May 5th, 2017 at 10:43pm
Print Post  
Heywood_Jablome wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 12:50pm:
Here is the reality, you wouldn't have the balls to speak to my wife in the way that you did if I was there or if my wife was caucasian. Blah blah.

I must have missed something, why do you assume that?

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Because it is something that she has witnessed often. Western women being condescending, authoritative and, occasionally, aggressive because they believe that they can get away with it. They simply don't seem to realise that Asia is not homogenous. It is ignorance, pure and simple.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2017 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Heywood_Jablome wrote on May 5th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
Because it is something that she has witnessed often. Western women being condescending, authoritative and, occasionally, aggressive because they believe that they can get away with it. They simply don't seem to realise that Asia is not homogenous. It is ignorance, pure and simple.

I wouldn't be so fast doing that assumption.
I've seen a lot of people being authoritative to a lot of people. Actually the last one I witnessed in the ferry was a caucasian woman telling a caucasian kid and his caucasian accompagnator to calm down.
Can't your assumption be the result of the environment demographic ?

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #7 - May 6th, 2017 at 12:32am
Print Post  
Sadly  it is something that we, and several other people I know, have witnessed from that particular demographic. Something about being a kept wife seems to turn some (by no means all) women into hateful creatures.

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #8 - May 6th, 2017 at 1:18am
Print Post  
That seems to be a real cause for concern. I noticed there is an increase attitude of the following:

entitlement
selfishness
lack of social responsibility
lack of community spirit

These are just but a few of increasingly more common attitude we face today.

Is there anything we can do to bring back the old DB?

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - May 6th, 2017 at 1:38am
Print Post  
On the ferry issue, I wonder if the company might be persuaded to provide a Quiet Area for those who want to read, sit and think, or simply sit.  Perhaps the aft-most three or four rows.  No babies, no children, no talking on your mobile phone.

It shouldn't prove difficult.  Many forms of transport provide one.  Then if you do not choose it, and you are disturbed by noise, you have only yourself to blame.

Much easier than trying to solve character weaknesses.  That is the counsel of despair in this place.

IP Logged

lfme

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - May 6th, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  
Heywood_Jablome wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 12:32am:
Sadly  it is something that we, and several other people I know, have witnessed from that particular demographic. Something about being a kept wife seems to turn some (by no means all) women into hateful creatures.

Sorry to say - but to me - you are not much better making such a generalist statement that all Caucasian women are racists - or did I misunderstand?

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #11 - May 6th, 2017 at 5:27am
Print Post  
lfme wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 2:08am:
Heywood_Jablome wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 12:32am:

Sorry to say - but to me - you are not much better making such a generalist statement that all Caucasian women are racists - or did I misunderstand?

You misunderstood.

"some (by no means all)."

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #12 - May 6th, 2017 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Well, thing here is to learn not to get upset.

Even children learn the rhyme "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never break me."

If the woman was not abusive then shrug it off. You can either ignore the person or be polite and say "I'll try but I can't promise you anything".

HJ gave me a good laugh with this thread though.

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #13 - May 6th, 2017 at 7:27am
Print Post  
You are quite right garmato.

I am big enough, and ugly enough, to look after myself. I do get quite riled though if my wife, or my kids, are the target.

As i say, I am much calmer about it today and if anyone reading this recognises themselves as one of 'those' women, just have a think about what you sound like and how other people see you.

/rant over.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #14 - May 6th, 2017 at 8:06am
Print Post  
HJ, yes, absolutely understandable. It's our natural instinct to defend and protect one's own as a mechanism for survival but for the most part modern society does not resort to kill or be killed tactics anymore (arguable).

Your wife is an adult too, she can handle herself. She doesn't need to worry daddy about small things. She can roll her eyes (without the person seeing her eyerolling Grin). She will take the higher ground.

Yes, it's a bit rude for someone to ask a mother to quiet their baby for the purposes of reading a book. The ferry is not a library but at the same time passengers should expect a reasonable ride without exposure to excessive noise (prolonged shouting, screaming, crying, etc) that would annoy most people.

This is also a good topic of discussion about how we as a society and community treat each other. To that woman, learn to be a bit more tolerant, patient and understanding. I can't fault mothers with babies because it's difficult enough as it is not getting a good night's rest.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #15 - May 7th, 2017 at 10:09am
Print Post  
Ger wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 1:38am:
On the ferry issue, I wonder if the company might be persuaded to provide a Quiet Area for those who want to read, sit and think, or simply sit.  Perhaps the aft-most three or four rows.  No babies, no children, no talking on your mobile phone.

It shouldn't prove difficult.  Many forms of transport provide one.  Then if you do not choose it, and you are disturbed by noise, you have only yourself to blame.

Much easier than trying to solve character weaknesses.  That is the counsel of despair in this place.

Quite like the idea,

IP Logged

UpHigh
God Member

Forum for DB residents

Reply #16 - May 8th, 2017 at 3:29am
Print Post  
Xxxx wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:09am:

Quite like the idea,

Yes, that will work just as well as the no eating and drinking on the lower deck  Grin Grin

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #17 - May 8th, 2017 at 3:37am
Print Post  
Sadly, I must agree.

IP Logged

MCC

Forum for DB residents

Reply #18 - May 8th, 2017 at 6:18am
Print Post  
yes; finally a nice topic again. White "entitled" women being nasty to (cause jealous of) Asian women... and the husband of one (Asian beauty) being soooooo much better and so eloquent... Nice language, "better man"!

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #19 - May 8th, 2017 at 9:57am
Print Post  
MCC, you have to give credit to HJ for leaving his post up and if you read the responses you would know he came to his senses after sleeping on it. The post is still an amusing and hilarious example of getting triggered. I still laughed now reading it. Smiley Very entertaining 10/10.

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #20 - May 8th, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
UpHigh wrote on May 8th, 2017 at 3:29am:
Xxxx wrote on May 7th, 2017 at 10:09am:

Quite like the idea,

Yes, that will work just as well as the no eating and drinking on the lower deck  Grin Grin

We could put police officers with dogs at the entrance, the first pax being noisy gets thrown overboard.

IP Logged

Paul A

Forum for DB residents

Reply #21 - May 9th, 2017 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Throwing noisy passengers overboard has a lot of merit. But we would soon run out of Children.

Would the Police dogs be on the leash and who would clean up after them ?

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #22 - May 9th, 2017 at 3:13am
Print Post  
Paul A wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 3:05am:
Throwing noisy passengers overboard has a lot of merit. But we would soon run out of Children.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

UpHigh
God Member

Forum for DB residents

Reply #23 - May 9th, 2017 at 8:15am
Print Post  

That would be a job for the FEHD guys to be there and issue fines  Cheesy

IP Logged

Xxxx

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #24 - May 9th, 2017 at 10:45am
Print Post  

As long as they don't take their breaks on the beach.

IP Logged

ksandt

Welcome to Discovery Bay
Flea Market!

Reply #25 - May 9th, 2017 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I am very sorry to hear what happened to your wife; but please do not make such assumptions about people. I am a caucasian woman who does not work....but...I stayed home and raised four children and having you categorise me as racist because of my skin colour and social position seems a bit insensitive to me. You do not know what people believe or what their political or social views are. Please don't generalise so easily.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #26 - May 10th, 2017 at 3:09am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Heywood_Jablome

Forum for DB residents

Reply #27 - May 10th, 2017 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
ksandt wrote on May 9th, 2017 at 5:45pm:
I am very sorry to hear what happened to your wife; but please do not make such assumptions about people. I am a caucasian woman who does not work....but...I stayed home and raised four children and having you categorise me as racist because of my skin colour and social position seems a bit insensitive to me. You do not know what people believe or what their political or social views are. Please don't generalise so easily.

I understand entirely but please read what I have written before you respond:

"some (by no means all)."

IP Logged

BH

Forum for DB residents

Reply #28 - May 10th, 2017 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Personally, I believe there is no way to solve this issue.

It is all around us. Don't believe me take a look at these places.

1. Park N Shop - there are expats who would abuse the cashiers just because they cant communicate with them in English well. Let alone some rude remarks.

2. Try the Golf Club retail section, if you dress less than affluent, likely you will be snubbed and be rudely served.

3. Buses - some expats treat the bus drivers like their personal drivers with much to be desired

4. etc.

Many many years, people in HK would not think too highly of the mainlanders but now they realised they need them for their buying power.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #29 - May 10th, 2017 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
BH, it's all about choice and actions.

Luke 6:31 "Do to others as you would have them do to you."

Chinese proverb: 三思而後行 (Think before you act)

Other sayings, "think twice", "look before you leap"

Before anyone cries hypocrisy, I'm not a saint. Just pointing out our predecessors have gifted us with words of wisdom.

The world would be super boring if everyone tried to be correct. What makes us human is our flaws and shortcomings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint