Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Barge loading at Nim Shue Wan (Read 2660 times)
Linda_B

Barge loading at Nim Shue Wan
Apr 28th, 2017 at 3:48am
Print Post  
It seems every day now we are subjected to constant loud noise of trucks rolling up, accelerating up ramps backwards and dropping loads of rocks onto barges which then either park overnight or leave. Nim Shue Wan was always port-like with the Rubbish depo etc but the noise from this is on another level. Does anyone know where all the rocks/soil are coming from and if there will be a likely end in sight?

IP Logged

UpHigh
God Member

Forum for DB residents

Re: Barge loading at Nim Shue Wan
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 4:04am
Print Post  
I would bet its only gonna get worse, they have all sorts of crap coming down the golf course road and I bet even more will be from the Bus Station reno, must be cheaper filling a barge than taking out through the tunnel one truck at a time.

IP Logged

Paul A

Forum for DB residents

Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 5:45am
Print Post  
When these tippers were taking fill out through the tunnel, they were coming back empty  at a great rate of knots. I noticed that the police with radar guns were never out by the school when the tippers were running !

Tipper trucks work on trip money and they tend to go back as fast as they can to get another load. There is also a shortage of tipper drivers in HKG and the drivers are often brought in from the mainland. They are not used to driving on the left and this can cause problems.

I suggest that noise may not be the biggest problem.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2017 at 11:59am
Print Post  
I'd be surprised if anyone could answer that. Only way is to ask City Management or to go snooping.

Are they excavating the Woods area? Is it the really big area up DB Valley Road where they're supposedly building a new recreation area? Google Earth shows they are also doing some work up at the golf course. Could be anything.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint