Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Complaint to HKRI: Negligent Van Driver (Read 1675 times)
korapaine

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Complaint to HKRI: Negligent Van Driver
Mar 8th, 2017 at 8:49am
Print Post  
Although this post sounds dramatic, this November incident was quite traumatizing. It was late night, raining, extremely cold. My 11mth baby was sick with a 40 degrees fever. We just came back from the emergency room. As we had rushed to the hospital all she had was a small blanket. Per usual, the hotline told us there were no vans.

On the way to bus stop, we encountered this driver going to Hotel to pick up a passenger that called for pickup, although we had just told the hotline we were also at the hotel. We did end up in the Van but the Driver sped and verbally assaulted us the entire trip. I finally filed a complaint so this will not happen to another family. I share my partial complaint below

We asked him to take us back to the Hotel so we can ask to join in the Van, he refused..complained we in his way..We ran after van to Hotel..he refused to let us on even though passenger said it wasn’t a problem..The Driver argued with my husband, whom was sitting in the front seat. Both exchanged expletives but the Driver continuously shook one hand in front of my husband’s face like he wanted to physically assault him. He said he had the right to do that and he can point his fingers to the window and stick his hand in front of my husband’s face as much as he liked..I wanted to call the Police to report the Driver and Incident. I was encouraged not to report the Incident to the Police but to make a complaint to the Company. I was not allowed to record the licence plate, nor have the name of the Driver, nor the name of the manager I spoke with. The incident caused me to question the safety of the service..This Driver was clearly reckless, mentally unstable and unfit to drive..why we were NOT allowed to join in on a Van after its called..clearly states Van is communal priced at HK$20 or $30..exclusive cost to hire out van is HK$120..Why do vans always refuse to pick up additional passengers after its called to pickup someone who didn’t ask for exclusive ride.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint