Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Developments Delayed again (Read 20096 times)
UpHigh
God Member

Forum for DB residents

Developments Delayed again
Aug 29th, 2016 at 9:53am
Print Post  
This is from www.dbconfidential.com

TPB DEFERS DECISION ON 6A AND 10B FOR 2ND TIME
AUGUST 27, 2016

At the Town Planning Board Meeting on 26 August, the TPB once again agreed to defer a decision on the 6a and 10b applications submitted by Hong Kong Resort Company Limited (HKR).

Judging from the instructions at the time of the last deferment, HKR will likely have two months to submit a revised application, and another round of public consultation will be carried out in October/November.

One interesting bit of news from the meeting. Before proceeding to the next item, the members met in a private session that was not open to members of the public. No details of the discussion during the private session are available, but it may relate to the invalidated public submissions from the last round. The TPB struck off a number of submissions before the meeting  because the identity of the author could not be verified.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

Sittin' in Discovery Bay,
wastin' time...

Re: Developments Delayed again
Reply #1 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 11:33am
Print Post  
UpHigh wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 9:53am:
The TPB struck off a number of submissions before the meeting  because the identity of the author could not be verified.

From the submissions I saw, that should apply to about three quarters of the submissions. It would be helpful if the TPB could reject any submissions that don't come with a real name and DB home address.

IP Logged

HK1980
God Member

Reply #2 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
It's that HK developer's favourite trick of submitting and withdrawing, then submitting and withdrawing the applications in order to wear the opposition down.

They know full well that the likelyhood of complainants resubmitting their comments serveral time over and over is unlikely.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #3 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Their wish will be granted. Something akin to Tung Chung/Yat Tung but without the shops, services and facilities to handle a population that will grow to 30,000+.

Many comments I've seen always mention that it will boost the price of their property. Big Time for Investment indeed!

IP Logged

HK1980
God Member

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
garmato wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 3:46pm:
Many comments I've seen always mention that it will boost the price of their property. Big Time for Investment indeed!

Surely the best chance for boosting our property values would be to limit new supply. It's basic economics, no?

IP Logged

parkvaledevelopment

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2016 at 2:53pm
Print Post  
Amy Yung's summary of the TPB Submissions:
Round 2 Submissions Y/I-DB/2 (6f) Y/I-DB/3 (10b)
Submission No. #2257 - # 4491 #2149 - #4478
Total Number of Submissions 2,235 (100%) 2,330 (100%)
Bulk Submission sent on 14 July 2016, i.e. one day before the deadline, all in support unconditionally: - -
Submission No. #2863 - #4139 #2766 - # 4105
Number of Submissions
1,277 (57%) 1,340 (58%)
Individual submissions: - -
Support unconditionally 778 (35%) 743 (32%)
Object / seek for more clarification 181 (8%) 214 (9%)
Neutral or no entries 0 (0%) 33 (1%)

Think HKR overdid it with the flood of support letters?

IP Logged

maverickofdb

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
And according to Amy's email,
//I also discovered that eight submissions made in support of HKR’s applications, sent in by email, fax or bulk submission, were made in my name. Other names are also suspicious. I have reported these cases to the Police and the TPB. I am assisting the Police in their enquiries.//

I wonder who is so brave to commit potential criminal offense to send in such applications Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 8 of them!

IP Logged

Tumnus
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - Sep 11th, 2016 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
apologies for ignorance, but what exactly are the "6a and 10b applications" ?  Thanks!

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #8 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Tumnus, HKR is awaiting approval from Town Planning Board (TPB) to develop two sites designated:

6f (behind Parkvale Village) = build two residential highrise apartments

10b (near Nim Shue Wan) = convert the land to build a new village. This is the area where people board the ferries to Peng Chau, etc.

Even without the strange bulk submissions, it would appear a two third majority support the development.

HKR made a basic website with few details about it:
http://dbdevelopment.hk

IP Logged

Ger
God Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
maverickofdb wrote on Sep 7th, 2016 at 3:16pm:
And according to Amy's email,
//I also discovered that eight submissions made in support of HKR’s applications, sent in by email, fax or bulk submission, were made in my name. Other names are also suspicious. I have reported these cases to the Police and the TPB. I am assisting the Police in their enquiries.//

I wonder who is so brave to commit potential criminal offense to send in such applications Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy 8 of them!

I see this has made the front page of the City section of the SCMP today.  Good for Amy!  Had she lost the DC elections it's fair to say this would never have been brought to light.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #10 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Ger, good find.

Here is screenshot from SCMP's article.

IP Logged

Seb Hong

Forum for DB residents

Reply #11 - Nov 28th, 2016 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Area 10b — Round 3 (service area below Peninsula)

To make new comments to the Town Planning Board on Area 10b (service area below Peninsula), or resubmit your previous comments, visit the Town Planning Board and search for Application No. Y/I-DB/3

Alternatively, you may submit your comments by email at tpbpd@pland.gov.hk. If submitting by email, include the reference “Y/I-DB/3” in the subject line.

The deadline for submissions is 9 December, 2016. The revised date of the Town Planning Board meeting to consider the Area 6f application is 13 January, 2017.

While I do not object to notion of development, I do however object to the manner in which it is currently proposed by the developer / applicant. My observations thus far on the developers /applicants proposal are as follows:-

1. The current wall-like structure appearance of the 3-4 storey housing is not acceptable.   
2. The “Waterfront Pedestrian Promenade” with a slab raised above the waterline on stilted structure open to the sea is not acceptable. A stilted structure which is open to the sea is visually / aesthetically unpleasing. 
3. The “Waterfront Pedestrian Promenade” proposed design is a monotonous, relatively straight (550 meter in length and only 4 meter wide) is without any interest and does not embrace the surrounding natural indented coastline.
4. Public access and Emergency services access to the Nim Shue Wan village pedestrian path is not clearly defined on the proposed masterplan and is required at this time for consideration. 
5. There is not sufficient consideration for leisure or public use facilities.
6. There is not sufficient landscaping to the “Waterfront Pedestrian Promenade”.
7. The prominence and appearance of the proposed location for the petrol station has not been given proper consideration.
8. The proposed sewage submarine outfall into the bay is not an acceptable long-term sustainable solution.

IP Logged

lfme

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #12 - Dec 2nd, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Seems like HKRI is successful in tiring the residents given the very few comments on the Forum and the deadline for submission is just one week away!

IP Logged

Joplin

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #13 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 10:02am
Print Post  
Thanks for your information

IP Logged

Andy Wong

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Dec 5th, 2016 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
lfme wrote on Dec 2nd, 2016 at 12:47pm:
Seems like HKRI is successful in tiring the residents given the very few comments on the Forum and the deadline for submission is just one week away!

I have to say yes that they're very good at that. But let's not give up. Amy's just prepared 2 sample documents which we can use to submit to TPB.

Just download the documents and maybe add some of your comments. Again, the deadline for submission is this Friday.

http://amyung.org.hk/news.php?id=839

IP Logged

parkvaledevelopment

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #15 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Couldn't we have a copy of Amy's letter in each building lobby for the next few days, and have a sheet to get folks to sign it when they go past / getting home in the evenings, and submit that in as a mass submission? surely we can get more 'names' this way?

Probably will seem more legit than DB's army of ghost writers.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #16 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
parkvaledevelopment wrote on Dec 6th, 2016 at 4:34am:
Couldn't we have a copy of Amy's letter in each building lobby for the next few days, and have a sheet to get folks to sign it when they go past / getting home in the evenings, and submit that in as a mass submission? surely we can get more 'names' this way?

Probably will seem more legit than DB's army of ghost writers.

The question to be asked is why a resident objects to these developments? In terms of construction noise, it should directly affect Woodbury, Woodgreen, Woodland, Crystal, Coral,  La Vista, La Costa, Twilight, Jovial, Haven, Verdant, Marina, and parts of Caperidge. So those residents could make objections. It will not affect residents in other villages so maybe not of their concern.

Last I saw, HKR was trying to push through the application by asking TBP to drop the precondition of building onsite sewage/water treatment plants. They seem confident that Siu Ho Wan sewage/water treatment plant will be expanded to double capacity and easily meet DB's requirement which is much less than 1%. They say it's currently overcapacity.

Ongoing projects that will require more capacity:
- HKIA Terminal 3
- Tung Chung New Town = 48,000 residential units
- Tung Chung East (new commercial hub)
- Cross border facility
- Hong Kong Disneyland is injecting nearly HK $11 billion to build two new attractions "Frozen" and "Marvel" in a desperate bid to reverse the falling number of visitors.
- Possible Siu Ho Wan MTR Station outside DB tunnel.

And the application mentions that if Siu Ho Wan does not get expanded, HKR can easily build onsite plants "if necessary". So that means build the two residential towers and by then if can't use government sewage/water, they will build it on site. They've provided the plans and feasibility as well as four existing ones around DB.

To be continued...

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #17 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Having heard in the past that Amy was prevented or prohibited from distributing materials, I'm assuming she is only allowed to distribute materials via resident's letter boxes and not permitted to post anything in building lobbies.

Permission from City Management is required to put anything inside building lobbies. Any unauthorized (lacking CM stamp/seal) will be taken down immediately and recorded/reported.

As the deadline is this Friday, it is very inconvenient and bad timing for many residents who are busy and in process of planning their winter vacation, Christmas, etc. They will unlikely be bothered to read the application. So objections will mostly just be in solidarity without considering how and if it affects them.

Maybe four years of construction and unpleasant views but once completed, there will be many wanting to buy or invest in the new properties.

And considering the location especially Area 10b, I expect there will be many boarding houses, transient lodgings (per day rental), and home businesses in that area. It's a prime location.

IP Logged

parkvaledevelopment

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #18 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:37am
Print Post  
There are already standing banners in the lobby of woods telling people to submit, so someone already has permission?

Also in the last set of amendments, hkri pretty much, in response to government comments, stated they will put a sewage treatment plane on site in 6f because they can't use the existing plant

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #19 - Dec 6th, 2016 at 10:56am
Print Post  
It's like a cat and mouse game. Residents will mention their worries/concern and HKR will make adjustments. What if it reaches a stage where HKR manages to satisfy all concerns? Maybe it's inevitable that they will build Area 6f and 10b.

There's another area just up the road that they've leveled (labeled Area 2a "Housing / Public Recreation" which is carried over from Master Plan 6.0E1 to 6.0E7h(a)) but that's another topic.

If the banner is only reminding residents to submit their comments, then that should be fine. It's only if the wording has negative connotation regarding the application then, that may not be approved. There's always a thin line.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #20 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 9:59am
Print Post  
No doubt both developments are inevitable. The least anyone can do is to chase the Town Planning Board to ensure what gets built has minimal impact on the environment and on everyone else in DB.

And that the Peng Chau and Mui Wo kaido pier gets to stay in its current location, instead of moving it even further away and replacing the current kaido pier with a new pier for the Bounty.

IP Logged

garmato
God Member

Reply #21 - Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Otis, well put! Smiley I too would prefer they didn't move the pier so far away. There are plenty of people who walk to/from DB Plaza to Kaito Pier. If they provide a free or even $2 bus between the two points, then I'd be happier about it.

IP Logged

stald

Forum for DB residents

Reply #22 - Dec 9th, 2016 at 11:22am
Print Post  
The more I look at the grand plans for Area 10b as well as for the Plaza, the less I can see how HKR are going to be able to make any money out of it, within making massive increases to rates and charges for DB residents.
Given their dreadful record on managing the shops in the Plaza area, how on earth are they going to fill the shops, let alone get people along to buy stuff?

IP Logged

parkvaledevelopment

Forum for Discovery Bay
residents

Reply #23 - Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
http://dbconfidential.com/?p=1305

Deadlines extended again till 30/12.
You gotta give it to them, they are good at the timing game.
Maybe they feel they didn't send enough fake support letters in last time round.

IP Logged

Andy Wong

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #24 - Dec 12th, 2016 at 1:42am
Print Post  
parkvaledevelopment wrote on Dec 11th, 2016 at 11:22pm:
http://dbconfidential.com/?p=1305

Deadlines extended again till 30/12.
You gotta give it to them, they are good at the timing game.
Maybe they feel they didn't send enough fake support letters in last time round.

Each time they extended the application, less people submitted their comments. That's their strategy.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #25 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
So it seems HKR has abandoned the 10b plan. Or at least they've told the Town Planning Board they're withdrawing the application. Good news? Bad news?

Considering the ambitious plans HKR has had for the area, it seems unlikely they'd totally abandon such a major development, unless they're just too busy with the DB North expansion right now.

IP Logged

Rear Commodore
God Member

Back in retirement

Reply #26 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Where did you hear this?  For me, I would say good news, though would welcome a smaller scale project to tidy up Nim Shu Wan a bit

IP Logged

Andy Wong

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #27 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Rear Commodore wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:08am:
Where did you hear this?  For me, I would say good news, though would welcome a smaller scale project to tidy up Nim Shu Wan a bit

Yes, it's weird considering they had already started the construction work in bus terminal.

IP Logged

Otis The Tramp

wastin' time...

Reply #28 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:42am
Print Post  
Rear Commodore wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 1:08am:

It's on the TPB's website & Amy Yung shared it online: http://www.info.gov.hk/tpb/en/plan_application/Y_I-DB_3.html

Looking at the various objections people made, I don't think there was an issue with development in itself, but mainly with the scale, the impact on infrastructure, increased population, reclamation, the new tower blocks etc.

Marina Avenue has been an eyesore for years, so hopefully HKR will give some thought to a more modest way to redevelop it now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint